Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Unityperformancebenchmarkreporter With Edit Mode Tests?

Discussion in 'Testing & Automation' started by mkowpak, Apr 10, 2019.

1. mkowpak

mkowpak

Hello

I was wondering if it was possible or is planned to be possible to use the UnityPerformanceBenchmarkReporter tool to generate the html reports for Edit Mode tests rather than PlayMode? My team has quite a few Edit Mode tests and we are looking into some way to visualize this data and were hoping to use the BenchmarkReporter. Any help or ideas would be appreciated. Thanks!

2. seans_unity3d

seans_unity3d

Unity Technologies

Hello -

I recently updated my original "Performance Benchmarking in Unity: How to Get Started" guide to note that

"if you’re using version 0.1.50 or later of the Performance Testing Extension, a results.xml file will be written to the Assets\StreamingAssets project folder"

I also updated the links to the Performance Testing Extension for Unity Test Runner documentation to point to the updated version, which includes a compatibility matrix down the page, depending on which version of Unity you're using.

I'm not sure what version of the performance testing extension you're using, but if you're able to use version 0.1.50 or later of the Performance Testing extension, you should see the results.xml file written to the Assets\StreamingAssets folder in your project for use with the Unity Performance Benchmark Reporter.

Hope that helps.

3. mkowpak

mkowpak

Hello, thanks for the reply. The issue is not that the results.xml file is not being written, rather, that the UnityPerformanceBenchmarkReporter.dll tool does not create a graph of information from tests run in Edit Mode. It works properly and expected for my Play Mode tests, I was just hoping to visualize the information for the Edit mode tests as I can for the play mode tests.