Search Unity

UnityPause() question

Discussion in 'iOS and tvOS' started by Juan, Apr 20, 2012.

1. Juan

Juan

I looked though the forums and google for a clear answer to this, but it seems that the things related to xcode and external modifications of unity are very obscure :p

I have a class where i put my EAGLView, over that i put some cocoa interface that does not interfere with Unity at all.

Everything is working fine, but now i call an specific view controller and i would like to pause unity.

If i try to use "UnityPause(TRUE)" in my file it gives me this error:

"Implicit declaration of function 'UnityPause' is invalid in C99

Then i realized that my .m file should be in C++ so i changed it to .mm

And in this case the error is what follows:

'Use of undeclared identifier UnityPause'

I import the AppController in my .h file, i tried also to import it in my .mm but i can't make it work.

Some ideas please?

Thanks.

Cheers

2. HonorableDaniel

HonorableDaniel

I would just like to say that I have struggled with this problem many times in the past. I would love to hear a concrete solution.

3. bmr2012

bmr2012

Last edited: Apr 26, 2012
  4. Juan

Juan

It seems there is no luck, i'm not receiving any answer at all in my last 4 threads, i don't understand, i'm sure that there are a lot of peope with enough knowledge here to answer :p

5. techmage

techmage

I call UnityPause inside of the AppController.mm and for calling it outside of AppController.mm I just added a UnityPause and UnityPlay function to AppController.mm

6. Juan

Juan

Ok, so if i understood, you create a funciton in AppController.mm and then you import AppController.h into the class where you want to execute the pause, then you call the function you created, right?

Thanks for the answer :)

7. dferdy

dferdy

Can you post the snippet if possible?