Search Unity

1. If you have experience with import & exporting custom (.unitypackage) packages, please help complete a survey (open until May 15, 2024).
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

UnityPackageManager.exe is missing

Discussion in 'Package Manager' started by danielostr, Oct 25, 2020.

1. danielostr

danielostr

upload_2020-10-25_13-10-21.png
    How can I fix this problem? I cant open project (-_-)

Last edited: Oct 25, 2020
  2. supita_unity

supita_unity

Unity Technologies

Sorry to see you are having this issue. It seems that you have an incomplete Unity installation as you are missing (at least) UnityPackageManager application. It could also be the result of the action of an antivirus or any external software removing/quarantining UnityPackageManager application.

In any case, this should be solved by reinstalling Unity through the Hub. Make sure you don't quit the application while installing through the hub and the installation completes successfully.

3. supita_unity

supita_unity

Unity Technologies

Hey, what Unity Hub version are you using?

4. danielostr

danielostr

I reinstalled it but id didnt help me. UnityPackageManager.exe is missing -__- I dont have any antiviruses and windows defender is turned off.

5. supita_unity

supita_unity

Unity Technologies

I'm sorry to see you are still dealing with this problem. Are you installing Unity through the Hub? Which version of the Hub are you using? When installing through the Hub, do you see keep it open until the installation is completed, not just downloaded? Is the
    UnityPackageManager.exe
    application in the path the error message indicates?

Please provide us the logs from Unity and the Hub, maybe we can find more information on them on what is causing the issue for you.

6. DusthunteR

DusthunteR

Hello! I also started to observe this problem after a new Windows 10 update... Windows 10
    Defender simply deletes this file. The algorithm of actions for correction is as follows:
    1) Reinstall your version of Unity and don't run it.
    2) Add the file to the Windows 10 Defender exceptions UnityPackageManager.exe , Unity.exe and the folder where your version of Unity was previously installed.
    3) Rejoice :))

Last edited: Jul 14, 2021
    Demacriel and supita_unity like this.
  7. Norla1n

Norla1n

this is doesn't work for me

8. NewUser101

NewUser101

Did you check the right version of Unity while creating your project? because if you have different version options (like myself 2020.3.31f1 which is the installed one and 2020.3.31f2 not installed) it takes the latest version by default even though you didn't install it that's why Unity can't find the UnityPackageManager.exe.
    So to solve this just switch to the right version you installed as simple as that.

Attached Files:

9. john750411

john750411

I have the exact same problem , Tried all the solutions , no joy . Unity 2018 and earlier still works though.

10. Hero_Holmes360

Hero_Holmes360

Don't know if you solved it, but upgrading Unity helped.