Search Unity

Unityology: The Study of Unity3D

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by e-bonneville, Jan 18, 2011.

1. e-bonneville

e-bonneville

I just started a blog at www.unityology.com for postings related in some way to Unity... most of them will explain things I find aren't documented clearly enough or that beginners might have trouble understanding.

Enjoy - Elliot Bonneville

2. granada

granada

3. e-bonneville

e-bonneville

Haha I researched that post for myself mostly. :p

4. Jessy

Jessy

Just in time for Dead Space 2. Clever. :)

5. Vert

Vert

+1000

Great Job! Those are all nice entries on some of the most pivotal concepts I remember having to overcome when I started using Unity and even some things I still have trouble with. Will you be opening up this to allow users to submit their own topics/research? I think that might help you make some good content and allow more topics to be covered. Of course, then you get into some possible legal issues with content ownership.

Regardless, this is a great information site already! I will return often to see new posts.

6. e-bonneville

e-bonneville

Thanks! I'll be updating with new posts almost every day, so check back as often as you can. ;)

7. BRIK

BRIK

Wow this blog has only been up one day and already its full of topics I was wondering about.
    I think you have a winning idea here.

8. e-bonneville

e-bonneville

It really depends on the amount of traffic the blog brings in. If it becomes really popular, I may.

Thanks! I just try to recall stuff I had problems trying to figure out... if you have more questions, let me know and I may just write a post to answer them. ;)

9. ColossalDuck

ColossalDuck

Now you just have to place ads on there, and get some money for this awesome website :D.

10. e-bonneville

e-bonneville

Haha, I'm working on a site design now, and when that's finished I'll have ads up there. I also plan on publishing an eBook or two and putting that for sale on the site.

Like I said before, it also really depends on the traffic I get -- if people are willing to buy an eBook I'll make one. ;)

Last edited: Jan 19, 2011
  11. ColossalDuck

ColossalDuck

Awesome, good to see that your efforts won't be pointless (financially speaking of course).

12. pakfront

pakfront

good start. keep it up!

13. e-bonneville

e-bonneville

Thanks again everybody! I appreciate the support, glad to know somebody benefits from all my work.

14. fallingbrickwork

fallingbrickwork

Great website...keep up the good work.

Kind Regards,
    Matt.