Search Unity

UnityLinker.exe did not run properly!Android

Discussion in 'Android' started by xpath, May 20, 2019.

1. JoshPeterson

JoshPeterson

Unity Technologies

It looks like there is a comma in the path to your project: "D:\Star Legion\I, Best TikToker1". Can you try to remove that? It seems to be causing the linker to fail.

2. oleh_baziv

oleh_baziv

Thank you, deleted the comma from the name and everything was compiled) Thank you very much)

3. canstig

canstig

@JoshPeterson I am found issue. Problem was in the NSubstitude library. Library target platform was Editor platform and in Unity 2018 works fine, but after switch to Unity 2019 for some reasons Unity started trying to include this library into the UWP build. When I updated this library to newest and move library to Editor folder, issue was solved.

ghaninasab likes this.
  4. ghaninasab

ghaninasab

Last edited: Oct 27, 2020
  5. GCI

GCI

I have tired all of this and nothing changed

6. GCI

GCI

Hello @JoshPeterson. i still get the Unity linker error
    please help

7. JoshPeterson

JoshPeterson

Unity Technologies

Can you post the specific error message that you see?

8. GCI

GCI

Attached Files:

9. JoshPeterson

JoshPeterson

Unity Technologies

Can you post the full error message from the lower pane, as text?

10. mukki014

mukki014

Hi I'm experiencing an error during build 'Unity linker error' in unity 2019.4. My build platform is Android x64 using ilcpp. I used to solve this in unity 2018 by running unity as an administrator but it's not possible in unity 2019 as we use hub now. Thank you

11. Tomas1856

Tomas1856

Unity Technologies

Could you show the full error? Or attach Editor.log?

12. mukki014

mukki014

Sure. I will reproduce the errors as I've changed back to mono backend to see if the build was working. Well build work with mono backend. But as I said I will reproduce and send you the error logs as soon as I've them.

As you are from unity. I've another question when I run my game on Android device (open gl es 3.2 also using vulkan api) I'm trying to test URP performance on Android. So I experienced flickering issues or some weird black grungy glitch on some places not whole screen. If you want I can send the screenshot here. I know it's the not the appropriate thread but it's the issue I'm also having. Could be it due to using both fxaa and msaa?

Hi i've reproduced the errors and i'm attaching the error logs https://www.dropbox.com/s/25cfhxzh9vfaap3/EditorLog.txt?dl=0

Last edited: Apr 24, 2021
  13. JoshPeterson

JoshPeterson

Unity Technologies

Regrading the error from UnityLinker in that log file, this usually means that you need to install the latest version of .NET Framework on your computer. The Unity Hub should do that, but sometimes that .NET Framework version is missing.

You can download it from Microsoft here: https://dotnet.microsoft.com/download/dotnet-framework

mukki014 likes this.
  14. mukki014

mukki014

Thank you. I will try this and let you know the results. Rendering pipeline shouldn't be an issue? Because I've switched back to standard pipeline.

15. JoshPeterson

JoshPeterson

Unity Technologies

I'm unfamiliar with the rending pipeline code, so I can't say, sorry!

mukki014 likes this.
  16. mukki014

mukki014

No problem. And thank you I've tried install net framework 4.8 but I couldn't because my windows aren't updated to meet the system requirements. Thank you again.

17. mitaywalle

mitaywalle

Hello everyone, we have similar problem.
    Editor:
    - Windows 10 64-bit
    - Unity 2020.3.18f1 (Installed from Unity Hub)

Build:
    - target platform - Android
    - IL2CPP enabled
    - unsafe code is allowed and used

There is error, that i get:
    Exception: Failed running C:\Program Files\Unity\Hub\Editor\2020.3.18f1\Editor\Data\il2cpp\build/deploy/netcoreapp3.1/UnityLinker.exe @D:/GCO_2020/Temp/StagingArea/assets/bin/Data/Managed/response.rsp

stdout:
    Fatal error in Unity CIL Linker
    Mono.Linker.MarkException: Error processing method: 'System.Void System.Span`1::.ctor(T[])' in assembly: 'System.Memory.dll'
    ---> Mono.Cecil.AssemblyResolutionException: Failed to resolve assembly: 'System.Runtime.CompilerServices.Unsafe, Version=4.0.4.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'
    at Unity.IL2CPP.Common.MissingMethodStubber.GetTypeModule(TypeReference type, IEnumerable`1 assemblies)
    at Unity.Linker.Steps.AddUnresolvedStubsStep.MarkAssemblyOfType(UnityLinkContext context, TypeReference type)
    at Unity.Linker.Steps.Marking.UnresolvedStubMarking.HandleUnresolvedType(TypeReference reference)
    at Unity.Linker.Steps.Marking.UnresolvedStubMarking.HandleUnresolvedMethod(MethodReference reference)
    at Unity.Linker.Steps.UnityMarkStep.HandleUnresolvedMethod(MethodReference reference)
    at Mono.Linker.Steps.MarkStep.MarkMethod(MethodReference reference)
    at Mono.Linker.Steps.MarkStep.MarkInstruction(Instruction instruction)
    at Mono.Linker.Steps.MarkStep.MarkMethodBody(MethodBody body)
    at Unity.Linker.Steps.UnityMarkStep.MarkMethodBody(MethodBody body)
    at Mono.Linker.Steps.MarkStep.ProcessMethod(MethodDefinition method)
    at Unity.Linker.Steps.UnityMarkStep.ProcessMethod(MethodDefinition method)
    at Mono.Linker.Steps.MarkStep.ProcessQueue()
    --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
    at Mono.Linker.Steps.MarkStep.ProcessQueue()
    at Mono.Linker.Steps.MarkStep.ProcessPrimaryQueue()
    at Mono.Linker.Steps.MarkStep.Process()
    at Mono.Linker.Steps.MarkStep.Process(LinkContext context)
    at Unity.Linker.Steps.UnityMarkStep.Process(LinkContext context)
    at Mono.Linker.Pipeline.ProcessStep(LinkContext context, IStep step)
    at Unity.Linker.UnityPipeline.ProcessStep(LinkContext context, IStep step)
    at Mono.Linker.Pipeline.Process(LinkContext context)
    at Unity.Linker.UnityDriver.UnityRun(ILogger customLogger)
    at Unity.Linker.UnityDriver.RunDriverWithoutErrorHandling(ILogger customLogger)
    at Unity.Linker.UnityDriver.RunDriver()
    stderr:

UnityEditorInternal.Runner.RunProgram (UnityEditor.Utils.Program p, System.String exe, System.String args, System.String workingDirectory, UnityEditor.Scripting.Compilers.CompilerOutputParserBase parser) (at <5ad584e208e14caaa9e6b2e6027e9204>:0)
    UnityEditorInternal.Runner.RunNetCoreProgram (System.String exe, System.String args, System.String workingDirectory, UnityEditor.Scripting.Compilers.CompilerOutputParserBase parser, System.Action`1[T] setupStartInfo) (at <5ad584e208e14caaa9e6b2e6027e9204>:0)
    UnityEditorInternal.AssemblyStripper.RunAssemblyLinker (System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1[T] args, System.String& out, System.String& err, System.String linkerPath, System.String workingDirectory) (at <5ad584e208e14caaa9e6b2e6027e9204>:0)
    UnityEditorInternal.AssemblyStripper.StripAssembliesTo (System.String outputFolder, System.String& output, System.String& error, System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1[T] linkXmlFiles, UnityEditorInternal.UnityLinkerRunInformation runInformation) (at <5ad584e208e14caaa9e6b2e6027e9204>:0)
    UnityEditorInternal.AssemblyStripper.RunAssemblyStripper (UnityEditorInternal.UnityLinkerRunInformation runInformation) (at <5ad584e208e14caaa9e6b2e6027e9204>:0)
    UnityEditorInternal.AssemblyStripper.StripAssemblies (System.String managedAssemblyFolderPath, UnityEditorInternal.BaseUnityLinkerPlatformProvider unityLinkerPlatformProvider, UnityEditorInternal.IIl2CppPlatformProvider il2cppPlatformProvider, UnityEditor.RuntimeClassRegistry rcr, UnityEditor.ManagedStrippingLevel managedStrippingLevel) (at <5ad584e208e14caaa9e6b2e6027e9204>:0)
    UnityEditorInternal.IL2CPPBuilder.Run () (at <5ad584e208e14caaa9e6b2e6027e9204>:0)
    UnityEditorInternal.IL2CPPUtils.RunIl2Cpp (System.String tempFolder, System.String stagingAreaData, UnityEditorInternal.IIl2CppPlatformProvider platformProvider, System.Action`1[T] modifyOutputBeforeCompile, UnityEditor.RuntimeClassRegistry runtimeClassRegistry) (at <5ad584e208e14caaa9e6b2e6027e9204>:0)
    UnityEditor.Android.PostProcessor.Tasks.RunIl2Cpp.Execute (UnityEditor.Android.PostProcessor.PostProcessorContext context) (at <c8b3b39837d14a59b516963b78bf9032>:0)
    UnityEditor.Android.PostProcessor.PostProcessRunner.RunAllTasks (UnityEditor.Android.PostProcessor.PostProcessorContext context) (at <c8b3b39837d14a59b516963b78bf9032>:0)
    UnityEditor.Android.PostProcessAndroidPlayer.PostProcess (UnityEditor.BuildTarget target, System.String stagingAreaData, System.String stagingArea, System.String playerPackage, System.String installPath, System.String companyName, System.String productName, UnityEditor.BuildOptions options, UnityEditor.RuntimeClassRegistry usedClassRegistry, UnityEditor.Build.Reporting.BuildReport report) (at <c8b3b39837d14a59b516963b78bf9032>:0)
    UnityEditor.Android.AndroidBuildPostprocessor.PostProcess (UnityEditor.Modules.BuildPostProcessArgs args, UnityEditor.BuildProperties& outProperties) (at <c8b3b39837d14a59b516963b78bf9032>:0)
    UnityEditor.PostprocessBuildPlayer.Postprocess (UnityEditor.BuildTargetGroup targetGroup, UnityEditor.BuildTarget target, System.String installPath, System.String companyName, System.String productName, System.Int32 width, System.Int32 height, UnityEditor.BuildOptions options, UnityEditor.RuntimeClassRegistry usedClassRegistry, UnityEditor.Build.Reporting.BuildReport report) (at <5ad584e208e14caaa9e6b2e6027e9204>:0)
    UnityEditor.BuildPipeline:BuildPlayer(BuildPlayerOptions)
    CustomBuildOptions:Build() (at Assets/GameContent/Scripts/Editor/CustomBuildOptions.cs:211)
    CustomBuildOptions:OnGUI() (at Assets/GameContent/Scripts/Editor/CustomBuildOptions.cs:402)
    UnityEngine.GUIUtility:processEvent(Int32, IntPtr, Boolean&)

18. JoshPeterson

JoshPeterson

Unity Technologies

It looks like your project might be using System.Memory.dll from NuGet maybe. That DLL usually depends on System.Runtime.CompilerServices.Unsafe.dll, which Unity does not provide. Can you also include System.Runtime.CompilerServices.Unsafe.dll from NuGet in your project?

Alternatively, Unity version 2021.2 (and later) supports the .NET Standard 2.1 API, which includes Span, so there is no need for a separate System.Memory.dll in the project.

mitaywalle likes this.
  19. mitaywalle

mitaywalle

Thank you, for fast answer. I'll try to research, are we using System.Memory.dll or not.
    And I'll try to add System.Runtime.CompilerServices.Unsafe.dll by hand to project.

2021.2 is too early beta for our production, unfortunately.