Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

UnityHub make unity crash on launch with my projects

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by jice_nolaroads, Feb 8, 2018.

1. jice_nolaroads

jice_nolaroads

hello,
    Unity Hub seem very cool but unfortunately it's totally unusable for me and my team.

when we launch a project via unity hub, just after project opened unity editor crash (with classic opening it's not the case)
    this is not happenning with an empty project so it's surely due to an incompatibility with something in ours projects

it's strongly related with -useHub parameters used by unityHub to launch unity editor because when i try to launch my project outside of UnityHub there is crash with this parameter and no crash without.

what -useHub do ?
    how can i help to debug this ?

here is log from crash:

2. afshinity

afshinity

Unity Technologies

Hi there,

Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry that you had some difficulty using the hub.

The -usehub parameter tells the editor to communicate with the hub (instead of the launcher) for login, project and license management.
    I need to investigate more why it is crashing in your case, to start can you check if any other process is listening on port 39000 on your machine? This is the port that hub is listening for requests from the editor.
    Also, if you have the updated version hub (released last week), you can provide us the hub logs. You can find it in your local app data: %APPDATA%\Unity Hub\logs\info-log.json

3. jice_nolaroads

jice_nolaroads

Hello,

thanks for explanations.

ok, i have a soft which listen on port 39000 by default, i changed his listen port (to 39001) and it seem ok now.
    software is resilio sync (formerly bittorrent sync) a popular decentralised file sync software based on bittorrent sync. so listen on his default port is probably not a good practice for unity hub

Also, i used this soft at home and also at work (i use unity on both)

So, now it's solved for me, i finally can use unity hub, thanks :)

Novack likes this.
  4. afshinity

afshinity

Unity Technologies

I am so happy that you can use it :)
    We will adding this in our troubleshooting documentation.

5. mgear

mgear

(ended up here from google)

looks like can also override the default port, by adding Environmental Variable called "PORT"
    upload_2022-9-9_14-14-4.png

now it uses that port (after restart hub)
    upload_2022-9-9_14-14-24.png

Novack likes this.