Search Unity

1. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Resolved UnityEvents not working properly

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by METALWORKS, Nov 9, 2023.

1. METALWORKS

METALWORKS

Hello everyone. When I add a script with a UnityEvent component to a gameobject I can't seem to link the event to a method of another script. I am able to choose the script, but it doesn't allow me to access anything except for MonoScript.name. It makes no difference which script I pick in the component, it only shows monoscript.
    At first I encountered this issue on version 2021.3.5f1 so I upgraded to 2022.3.13f1 but the issue still persists. Is there something I miss? unity1.PNG

Attached Files:

2. METALWORKS

METALWORKS

Don't mind "Off" in the first pic. It makes no difference if I set Runtime only.

3. METALWORKS

METALWORKS

Nevermind. It appears you have to drag not the script but the object it's attached to. It works.

4. spiney199

spiney199

Yes, scripts are just text files. Quite literally, they just inherit from TextAsset: https://docs.unity3d.com/ScriptReference/MonoScript.html

They don't represent actual instances of objects of anything in your project.