Search Unity

UnityEvent<string> doesn't show up in inspector, normal?

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by laurentlavigne, Aug 11, 2020.

1. laurentlavigne

laurentlavigne

my guess is prior to 2020 it doesn't show and needs to be nested inside a serializable class
    the autocomplete doc needs to reflect that

2. MaskedMouse

MaskedMouse

Yeah it has only been since 2020.1 that this has been changed. Finally though!

3. laurentlavigne

laurentlavigne

the workaround was one line, no biggy
    How do you like 2020.1?

4. MaskedMouse

MaskedMouse

I haven’t been able to use 2020.1 a lot yet.
    At work we got a WebGL project that uses a custom template so going to need to fix that before going to 2020.1. They changed it a bit.
    Also an Android Oculus project that now requires the XR implementation which is also a step we haven’t completed yet, we’re close though.
    But there aren’t a lot of features that I necessarily need from 2020.1. Most of the features I need are in the XR packages that still aren’t updated. Kinda disappointed some progress at Unity feels so slow in comparison at what speed we’re developing.
    So yeah can’t give feedback on many specifics on 2020.1 yet.

I’m looking forward to use UI Toolkit for runtime XR projects. XR toolkit is lacking a bit behind.

5. laurentlavigne

laurentlavigne

Cool, thanks. Since you're doing Quest stuff, you'll run some benchmarks first? You never know what's been regressing.

6. MaskedMouse

MaskedMouse

The project at work isn't sensitive enough to notice performance regressions. It is mainly 99% UI.
    But I'm sure there are some other Quest projects around that will be able to tell if there are performance regressions or not. I wonder if there are any benchmarking projects around which sole purpose is to benchmark performance.

I haven't tried the XR rig implementation in 2020.1 yet, but will do next week maybe. If I can get some time assigned to it.
    If anything I want to check before using 2020.1, is checking if the VideoPlayer component still works. As it has been a disaster of bugs in the past.

But yeah this is getting off-topic :p