Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

UnityEngine.XR.WSA.SpatialMapping* classes ... missing from scripting reference

Discussion in '2018.3 Beta' started by DaTruAndi, Oct 12, 2018.

1. DaTruAndi

DaTruAndi

2. Unity_Wesley

Unity_Wesley

Unity Technologies

Hello, do you have the windows mixed reality package installed? Also, what revision of the editor are you using?

3. DaTruAndi

DaTruAndi

I don't understand your question. I pointed you to links in your own documentation that shows that the classes are missing. Did you follow the links and try to switch to 2018.3 beta?
    Also see the screenshot - that shows the area where the classes should show up.

upload_2018-10-17_13-56-42.png

Compare with 2018.02:
    upload_2018-10-17_14-14-11.png

I was using Unity 2018.3.0b5
    Other Mixed Reality aspects seem to be present and mixed reality is set as the XR platform in the Editor, so I am not sure what you are referring to.

Either you did a breaking change with those classes (which I did not find documented anywhere) or somehow you have dropped them, set some permissions on them wrong, or who-knows-what :)
    Can you please check on this and report back?

Last edited: Oct 17, 2018
  4. Unity_Wesley

Unity_Wesley

Unity Technologies

My mistake I though you were asking something different, I will double check the doc's and file a bug if needed.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention

Last edited: Oct 22, 2018
  5. DaTruAndi

DaTruAndi

Any guidance on what to do in the meantime with code that needs those classes?

6. DaTruAndi

DaTruAndi

@Unity_Wesley : any update? Given that 2019-versions are coming out, getting concerned here :)

7. tvald

tvald

Hopefully this is obvious, but the lack of SpatialMapping* would block many Windows Mixed Reality applications from upgrading to 2018.3. It's a crucial API.

8. EdBlais

EdBlais

Unity Technologies

Hey everyone, sorry for the confusion here. We've moved the APIs into the Windows Mixed Reality Package that downloads automatically when you enable Windows Mixed Reality in the XR Settings, but does not auto download on project upgrade. We're looking into solutions for this, but the solution in the meantime is to either uncheck and recheck Virtual Reality Supported in the XR Settings or manually download the package through the package manager. We'll also be updating the Documentation to reflect the package manager move as well. We apologize for the issues this has caused and won't let it happen in the future.

mato33, Bocci and tvald like this.
  9. paultan

paultan

Unity Technologies