Search Unity

Unity UI UnityEngine.UI.dll storage location.

Discussion in 'UGUI & TextMesh Pro' started by PixPixinger, Aug 27, 2019.

1. PixPixinger

PixPixinger

Hello,
    I'm working on some external dll's for Unity. These are using UnityEngine.UI.dll which I found previously in this folder:
    C:\Program Files\Unity\Hub\Editor\2019.1.14f1\Editor\Data\UnityExtensions\Unity\GUISystem

In 2019.2.2f1 however this folder is no longer existing. It seems that the UI has moved to the PackageManager (Unity UI 1.0.0). How can I get touch on the UnityEngine.UI.dll assembly? I found out that it is copied into a Unity project folder <project>\Library\ScriptAssemblies but that doesn't help me much. As I'm working on an external dll for Unity, I have not dedicated project that I could link against.

So my question is, where is the UnityEngine.UI.dll stored? When Unity is creating a new project it has to grab it from somewhere.

Thank you for any information,
    Kind regards
    Pix

2. altan86

altan86

This question might be old but I'll just put an answer just in case someone has similar questions.

On windows you can simply do a search in the folder where your Editor folder is located and you will find them under the folder:
    \Editor\Data\Resources\PackageManager\ProjectTemplates\libcache

In that folder, there will be subfolders containing with the names that corresponds to the templates when creating a new Unity project.
    Each of them will have the UnityEngine.UI.dll in the ScriptAssemblies folder so you can pick any one of them since they are the same.
    e.g. location
    C:\Program Files\Unity\Hub\Editor\2019.1.14f1\Editor\Data\Resources\PackageManager\ProjectTemplates\libcache\com.unity.template.universal-7.3.1\ScriptAssemblies

Edit:
    Another location you can look for the dll, downloaded via package manager, are in the project folder under the folder:
     [project name]\Library\ScriptAssemblies\

Last edited: Jan 4, 2021
    mdrunk, muhammadreza and ThomLaurent like this.
  3. muhammadreza

muhammadreza

Thanks a lot :)

4. ickydime

ickydime

Wasn't in that location for me but just search for UnityEngine.UI.DLL in your install folder and it will come up.