Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

UnityEngine.UI and UnityEngine.EventSystem missing reference in PC Build

Discussion in '5.4 Beta' started by letdoch, Mar 16, 2016.

1. letdoch

letdoch

Hey everybody...first of all thanks for the work you've done so far to improve Unity.

In the newest beta (Unity 5.4b10) i can't build for pc, because every script which is using UnityEngine.UI or UnityEngine.EventSystems throws the following error:

error CS0234: The type or namespace name `UI' does not exist in the namespace `UnityEngine'. Are you missing an assembly reference?

or

The type or namespace name `EventSystems' does not exist in the namespace `UnityEngine'. Are you missing an assembly reference?

In Editor Mode everything works fine. Is there a way to fix it by myself or do I need to wait for an update?

Greets,
    Fabian

keenanwoodall and Guhanesh like this.
  2. Firlefanz73

Firlefanz73

Hello,

Since using the Unity 5.4 Beta I have the same error:

the type or namespace name `ui' does not exist in the namespace `unityengine'. are you missing an assembly reference?

21 times.

Is there any way to fix it?

Thanks a lot!
    Firlefanz

3. hakankaraduman

hakankaraduman

I also have this error and can't build

4. sebek89

sebek89

Android builds has the same problems with both of these namespaces on beta10.

HendersonA likes this.
  5. CarlosRincon

CarlosRincon

Unity Technologies

softrare likes this.
  6. hakankaraduman

hakankaraduman

@CarlosRincon I reimported all, now I have a different type of errors. There are lots of errors like below when build for android

Maximum number (128) of shader keywords exceeded, keyword _CLIFFDETAIL_ON will be ignored.
    You will have to delete some shaders or make them use less keywords.
    Keywords used in project now: ANTI_FLICKER BILLBOARD_FACE_CAMERA_POS CHROMATIC_ADVANCED CHROMATIC_SIMPLE DIRECTIONAL DIRECTIONAL_COOKIE DIRECTSPEC_ON DIRLIGHTMAP_COMBINED DIRLIGHTMAP_OFF DIRLIGHTMAP_SEPARATE DISTORT DYNAMICLIGHTMAP_OFF DYNAMICLIGHTMAP_ON EFFECT_BUMP EFFECT_HUE_VARIATION ENABLE_COLOR_GRADING ENABLE_DITHERING ENABLE_EYE_ADAPTATION ETC1_EXTERNAL_ALPHA FOG_EXP FOG_EXP2 FOG_LINEAR GAMMA_COLOR GAMMA_COLORSPACE GEOM_TYPE_BRANCH GEOM_TYPE_BRANCH_BLEND GEOM_TYPE_BRANCH_DETAIL GEOM_TYPE_FROND GEOM_TYPE_LEAF GEOM_TYPE_MESH HDR_LIGHT_PREPASS_OFF HDR_LIGHT_PREPASS_ON HIGH_QUALITY IBLSPEC_OFF INSTANCING_ON LIGHTMAP_OFF LIGHTMAP_ON LINEAR_COLOR LOD_FADE_CROSSFADE LOD_FADE_PERCENTAGE NORMALMAPS_ON POINT POINT_COOKIE SHADOWS_CUBE SHADOWS_DEPTH SHADOWS_NATIVE SHADOWS_OFF SHADOWS_SCREEN SHADOWS_SINGLE_CASCADE SHADOWS_SOFT SHADOWS_SPLIT_SPHERES SOFTPARTICLES_OFF SOFTPARTICLES_ON SPOT UNDISTORT UNITY_COLORSPACE_GAMMA UNITY_HDR_ON USE_CORNER_DETECTION USE_DIAG_SEARCH USE_PREDICATION USE_UV_BASED_REPROJECTION VERTEXLIGHT_ON VIGNETTE_ADVANCED V_MM_UVBAKER_COLORSPACE_GAMMA V_MM_UVBAKER_COLORSPACE_LINEAR V_MM_UVBAKER_COLORSPACE_NONE V_VC_EMISSION_OFF V_VC_EMISSION_ON V_VC_IBL_OFF V_VC_IBL_ON V_VC_MAIN_COLORS_OFF V_VC_MAIN_COLORS_ON V_VC_REFLECTION_OFF V_VC_REFLECTION_ON WATER_EDGEBLEND_OFF WATER_EDGEBLEND_ON WATER_OFF WATER_REFLECTIVE WATER_REFRACTIVE WATER_SIMPLE WATER_VERTEX_DISPLACEMENT_OFF WATER_VERTEX_DISPLACEMENT_ON _ALPHABLEND_ON _ALPHAPREMULTIPLY_ON _ALPHATEST_ON _BLENDGLOSS2_ON _CLIFFDETAIL_COLOR _CLIFFDETAIL_NONE _CLIFFDETAIL_NORMALS _DETAIL_MULX2 _DETAIL_OFF _DETAIL_ON _DIRECTSPEC_OFF _DIRECTSPEC_ON _EMISSION _EMISSIVENESS_OFF _EMISSIVENESS_ON _GLOSSYREFLECTIONS_OFF _IBLDIFF_AMBIENT _IBLDIFF_CUBEMAP _IBLDIFF_SKYSHOPSH _IBLDIFF_UNITYSH _IBLSPEC_OFF _IBLSPEC_ON _LAYERCOUNT_FOUR _LAYERCOUNT_ONE _LAYERCOUNT_THREE _LAYERCOUNT_TWO _LIGHTMAPPING_DYNAMIC_LIGHTMAPS _METALLICGLOSSMAP _NORMALMAP _NORMALMAPS_OFF _NORMALMAPS_ON _OVERLAYFOG_OFF _OVERLAYFOG_ON _PARALLAXMAP _SAMPLECOUNT_LOWEST _SMOOTHNESS_TEXTURE_ALBEDO_CHANNEL_A _SNOW_OFF _SNOW_ON _SOURCE_DEPTHNORMALS _SOURCE_GBUFFER _SPECGLOSSMAP _SPECULARHIGHLIGHTS_OFF _SUNDISK_SIMPLE _UVSEC_UV1 _WATER_OFF

7. phil-Unity

phil-Unity

Unity UI Lead Developer

So Re-import all is the current known work around for this issue. We have no yet found the root cause but will continue to investigate.

@hakankaraduman That seems like a local issue with nothing to do with the re-import all process. It seems like you are over the 128 shader keywords.

gohugo, softrare and hakankaraduman like this.
  8. steinbitglis

steinbitglis

This bug now seems to be in 5.3.5f1 as well.

softrare and John-Gray like this.
  9. rzubek

rzubek

Confirmed, the "missing reference" error also happened to me on upgrade from 5.3.4pX to 5.3.5f1.

Deleting the entire project library folder and letting it rebuild the DB worked successfully as a work-around.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2016
    BitGamey and guowenbin90 like this.
  10. Tomas1856

Tomas1856

Unity Technologies

Could you attach Editor.log where issue occurs?

11. kvick

kvick

12. Tomas1856

Tomas1856

Unity Technologies

kvick> the Editor.log you posted shows the compilation has succeeded

13. tuandq77

tuandq77

me too.
    my project work fine on 5.3.4 f1
    But when update to 5.3.5p4. it can't build :(

14. Tomas1856

Tomas1856

Unity Technologies

Please post an Editor.log with the error.

15. kvick

kvick

I did notice on the log it showed a successful compilation.

So, it seemed like it would build the game just fine but I couldn't build the game on it's own so that I could attach visual studio to unity. Any time I tried that it would fail.

I didn't do any extensive testing on the issue since I just wanted to get back to work so I didn't check if any new changes were being compiled and applied to the game but it seemed like they were.