Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent(Int32, IntPtr)

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by akenaton, Jan 29, 2018.

1. Buruchaga

Buruchaga

I was building an update to my game and had this error. Previous build didn't have this problem.
    So my solution was the Keystore. I unchecked existing key which removed the link, tried to build and asked me of the keystore. Then went to tick use existing keystore, selected the key and entered the passwords. The build worked with no errors this time.

2. IdioticSix2

IdioticSix2

Its funny that the simplest one here was the one that worked. I spent a long time stressing this problem doing everything everyone else said and looking a many different sources thinking unity had an unfixable problem, but this is all I had to do.

3. cooldoggaming5501

cooldoggaming5501

i think i know the issue all you have to do is clear if you need help

4. janmajaya_mohanty

janmajaya_mohanty

What worked for me: I had an undeclared variable inside #if !UNITY_EDITOR which worked fine in Editor but gave the error while building for iOS.

5. LeakedDave

LeakedDave

Hey Ya'll. NewtonsoftJson can cause this issue when building for iOS. Just Exclude iOS from the dll.

6. x1alphaz1

x1alphaz1

this worked for me on : UNITY 2021.2.14f1
    i Also changed Lightmap Encoding under Settings-> player -> other Settings from High Quality to Low Quality and back to high Quality....

7. endererolreotek

endererolreotek

UnityEditor.BuildPlayerWindow+BuildMethodException: 3 errors
    at UnityEditor.BuildPlayerWindow+DefaultBuildMethods.BuildPlayer (UnityEditor.BuildPlayerOptions options) [0x002bb] in <2f1c602eae0d45c293fff3e3aef759fa>:0
    at UnityEditor.BuildPlayerWindow.CallBuildMethods (System.Boolean askForBuildLocation, UnityEditor.BuildOptions defaultBuildOptions) [0x00080] in <2f1c602eae0d45c293fff3e3aef759fa>:0
    UnityEngine.GUIUtility:processEvent(Int32, IntPtr)

Trying to build on webgl and still getting this error
    any help would be great

8. wm-VR

wm-VR

Thanks! That solved it for me too!

9. theashbot

theashbot

i got the same error on unity 2020.3.34 i fixed this by putting the build in the downloads folder i hope this works for y'all

10. melbot

melbot

Found issue had the wrong password, Unity would not tell me, has one letter capitalized

11. mohdirfan0408

mohdirfan0408

Invalid build path: c:/users/<folder name >
    UnityEngine.GUIUtility:processEvent (int,intptr,bool&)

Solution:
    While selecting the folder for building the ios application, make sure that it is an empty folder.
    for me, i just created a new folder and selected that folder for build and it worked

Hope it'll help.

12. brian-nielsen

brian-nielsen

I'll also add my fix. Building for WebGL. Along with the error mentioned in the thread title I was also getting: :The name AssetDatabase does not exist in the current context. "

https://stackoverflow.com/questions...atabase-does-not-exist-in-the-current-context

For me I had an Editor only function in one of my monobehaviours.

I fixed it by wrapping the function in the #if preprocessor plus UNITY_EDITOR.

Code (CSharp):
    1. #if UNITY_EDITOR
    2.     [Button]
    3.     private void CreateItems()
    4.     {
    5.         //inventory = FindObjectOfType<Inventory>();
    6.         foreach(InventoryItem inventoryItem in inventory.AllPossibleItems)
    7.         {
    8.             ItemObject newItemObj = ScriptableObject.CreateInstance<ItemObject>();
    11.             string path = "Assets/ScriptableObjects/Inventory Items/" + inventoryItem.itemName + ".asset";
    13.             AssetDatabase.CreateAsset(newItemObj, path);
    15.             inventoryItem.itemObject = newItemObj;
    17.         }
    18.     }
    19. #endif

13. RogerNkosi

RogerNkosi

This worked, so I had to do Reimport all, after I got an error regarding EditorUtility, I commented it out and it can build. I will move to the Editor folder later.

14. dartrix910

dartrix910

help???????????

15. spare4stone4

spare4stone4

For me, along with the error:
    { Tree prefab at index 24 is missing.
    UnityEngine.GUIUtility:processEvent (int,intptr,bool&) }
    As you can see there was the additional message saying "Tree prefab missing at index 24, and I realized that it was because the terrain tree paint tool had 24 slots with missing trees, so I had to delete them so the errors would go away. Hope this helps, took me a long time to find; just wish errors were more specific.

16. strainog

strainog

i have encounterd the smae problem i contacted unity suport but nothin and i need this quick becaus emy vr game has a bug and i need to publish the fix so pls help

17. adri3105

adri3105

I fixed it by changing the path where I did the build, mine was too long a path. From the desktop it works perfectly for me.

18. liyoung74788

liyoung74788

i just fix it by deleting some code that you don't need.and because of doing that,i compelet it.