Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

UnityEngine.Component Errors specifically to windows phone development??

Discussion in 'Windows' started by Trouch, Jan 20, 2014.

1. Trouch

Trouch

Hi guys, im attempting to develop my first proper game, and so im new to porting.
    The game is being developed on a mac, although i want to test it on a windows phone first.

I exported/imported the project from my mac onto the windows 8 machine.
    Re-applied the scenes into the build settings and attempted to build with windows 8 phone. But im getting errors, currently the most common one is "... not a member of 'UnityEngine.Component' "

The game compiles fine when trying to build for mac, windows, ios and android. But it wont let me compile this build and i dont know why.

Any sort of information why im getting this would be nice

I apologise if this is some common and easy solution or something.

2. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

Hi, could you post the full error log? It's kind of impossible to know what's wrong without that information :).

3. Trouch

Trouch

Ah sorry its on another computer at the moment, which i wont be able to access for awhile (sending it in for repairs, arrived defected)

Pretty much i have a bunch of standard variables and it gives me errors saying its not a member of UnityEngine, despite it working on every other unity engine and the transfered build (from mac to windows) managed to compile a working windows build. Got something like 219 errors, which only show up when attempted to compile for windows 8 phone.

I exported the mac unity project
    Transfered it to windows 8, in a new unity project
    Added the scenes to the build list
    attempted to compile to windows 8

If nobody has experienced this or can help me, then i'll either bump this again with new information when i can or create a new thread when i receive my windows 8 machine back from repairs.

Edit: From memory it was commonly assosiated with variables or gameobjects that later on became a reference to "GetComponent(scriptname)"

Maybe its something to do with order of execution?