Search Unity

'UnityEngine.AddressableAssets.InvalidKeyException' was thrown

Discussion in 'Addressables' started by MSFX, Dec 19, 2019.

1. MSFX

MSFX

I'm testing our addressable system and want to deal with error handling nicely obviously for when a key doesn't exist should a typo creep in somewhere but it seems that the system throws this exception before I get a chance to deal with it...? Even wrapping in try/catch it never catches where I'm expecting it to...?

Code (CSharp):
    2.     async void Start() {
    3.         try {
    4.             var loader = Addressables.LoadAssetAsync<Sprite>("invalid key");
    5.             await loader.Task;
    6.         } catch (System.Exception ex) {
    7.             Debug.Log("Why don't we get this? " + ex.Message);
    8.         }
    9.     }
    This results in two exceptions...

Code (CSharp):
    1. Exception encountered in operation UnityEngine.ResourceManagement.ResourceManager+CompletedOperation`1[UnityEngine.Sprite], result='', status='Failed': Exception of type 'UnityEngine.AddressableAssets.InvalidKeyException' was thrown., Key=invalid key
    3. Exception encountered in operation UnityEngine.AddressableAssets.Initialization.InitializationOperation, result='', status='Succeeded' - Chain<Sprite>: ChainOperation of Type: UnityEngine.Sprite failed because dependent operation failed
    4. Exception of type 'UnityEngine.AddressableAssets.InvalidKeyException' was thrown., Key=invalid key
    I've found one other thread from months ago mentioning this but how is no-one else having this issue?? Is there some additional way to check the asset exists before attempting to load that I'm missing?

2. KB73

KB73

We just trawled through Addressables.ResourceLocators and cached off the asset once loaded, we do a check again our handle to see if it is loaded or not

Probably a better way but this worked for us

3. faolad

faolad

I need a solution for this too. Want to deal with scene loading errors

4. MSFX

MSFX

So I've managed to work out this solution but it feels way too verbose that it needs to be....

Code (CSharp):
    2. var validateAddress = Addressables.LoadResourceLocationsAsync(address);
    3. await validateAddress.Task;
    4. if (validateAddress.Status == UnityEngine.ResourceManagement.AsyncOperations.AsyncOperationStatus.Succeeded) {
    5.         if (validateAddress.Result.Count > 0) {
    6.                 // asset exists go ahead and load
    7.         }
    8. }

5. chanon81

chanon81

unityunity