Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

UnityEditorInternal.Profiling.ProfilerColumn does not exist anymore?

Discussion in '2019.1 Beta' started by pavelkouril, Mar 15, 2019.

1. pavelkouril

pavelkouril

Hello,

I tried opening our project in 2019.1.0b7, and I am hitting error about unknown type/namespace
    UnityEditorInternal.Profiling.ProfilerColumn

Was this type moved in 2019.1, and if so, where? Or is it just completely gone?

2. alexeyzakharov

alexeyzakharov

Hi Pavel,

The enum is completely gone. The values are moved to HierarchyFrameDataView class as static constants.
    What do you use it for?

Last edited: Mar 16, 2019
  3. Prodigga

Prodigga

Hi Alex since you seem to be knowledgeable on the profiler Api, just wondering if there are plans for APIs to allow plugin developers to add custom rows to the cpu profiler, or entire new profilers like the "new" UI profiler row, or the other profiler rows like the networking profiler, etc.

Peter77 likes this.
  4. pavelkouril

pavelkouril

alexeyzakharov likes this.
  5. alexeyzakharov

alexeyzakharov

Fixed the link, thanks!

6. alexeyzakharov

alexeyzakharov

Hi!

Yes, we want to make profiler window UI customizable and extendable. First step of that was adding frame metadata API which allows you to transfer a blob of data for a custom profiler, see e.g. HierarchyFrameDataView.GetFrameMetaData. (Networking, and UI areas use similar way to pass data, but for now in native code).
    Next step is going to be adding a Counter API to allow visualization of a simple integer data, and allowing to plug in custom views to the ProfilerWindow. (I'm not sure about timeframes for those yet).

MartinTilo, Prodigga and Peter77 like this.