Search Unity

UnityEditor Errors

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by YBtheS, Jul 7, 2019.

1. YBtheS

YBtheS

In the current game that I'm making, whenever I run it, I get the error seen in the two attached images. In total, I get 38 of these errors when clicking the run button. Something odd about this is that even though I have the "collapse" setting toggled on in the console, I still get multiple console fields saying the same error (same line numbers and everything). Currently in my scene, I only have a 3D model that I got from the internet and a camera which is the child of an empty game object. Why am I getting these errors?

Thanks in advance for any answers.

2. palex-nx

palex-nx

That looks like something is wrong with asset database or cache. Try to copy your project to empty folder without Library folder and open it with unity. It will start full reimport, check if any error will appear after that.

YBtheS likes this.
  3. xVergilx

xVergilx

Are you running Unity 2019.x by any chance?

Try deselecting the object before hitting play.
    I'm getting similar errors when I've got object selected in hierarchy (inspector visible) and entering playmode.

It seems like an inspector bug. Not sure what's causing it.

YBtheS likes this.
  4. StarManta

StarManta

Definitely use the Bug Reporter and report that. It's very much an editor bug.

My experience with these aligns with @palex-nx 's suggestion; a reimport will probably make the messages go away.

YBtheS likes this.
  5. YBtheS

YBtheS

First off, thanks for the answers. Oddly enough, today I reopened the project and I no longer get these errors whether I have any of the game objects selected or not. I'm not really sure what's up with that. I'll report this bug. I am using Unity 2019.1.2f1.

6. Nanior

Nanior

try to double click one of the error.

7. YBtheS

YBtheS

I have. Nothing happens unfortunately.