Search Unity

1. We are migrating the Unity Forums to Unity Discussions by the end of July. Read our announcement for more information and let us know if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

Question UnityEditor.CoreModule.DLL wont finish executing

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by matt7188, Oct 17, 2023.

1. matt7188

matt7188

Hey, So every time I build the game, after the build I am stuck here for (as you can see) up to 20 min. The top text is sometimes different but it is always a UnityEditor.CoreModule.DLL. Given I am currently trying to fix a build issue, does anyone have any advice on how to fix the UnityEditor.CoreModule.DLL?

upload_2023-10-17_11-50-5.png

edit: It is now appearing even if I click on unity now.

2. CodeSmile

CodeSmile

Check the editor.log
    It seems to be updating the build report window, so try closing that if you have it open.

3. matt7188

matt7188

So that is the one I happened to screenshot. I have seen this happen in many other situations (even application.quit triggers it).
    editor.log doesn't really have any useful info in it that I can see

4. gray24

gray24

Same problem when use sprite editor and press "Apply" button next wait ten minutes and thay finished

notyou2again likes this.
  5. notyou2again

notyou2again

Exactly same problem here, using Unity 2023.1.18f1. Working on a character .psb in skinning editor, any time I click "Apply", the changes are saved in an instant, but then the Hold On message appears with the coremodule.dll trying to finish something, but it rarely does...

Attached Files: