Search Unity

`UnityEditor.Collaboration.PageChangeAction' is inaccessible due to its protection level

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by ElnuDev, Dec 2, 2018.

1. ElnuDev

ElnuDev

I just switched from 2018.3 beta to 2018.2 on my project. What is this error? I've never seen it in my life before, and I couldn't find anything about it anywhere.

2. hahahpizza

hahahpizza

SAME PROBLEM, Anyone with any solution or workaround?

ElnuDev likes this.
  3. Workaround:
    Yes, do not downgrade your projects. Moving from higher version number to lower version number is not supported and never was.
    If you have a 2018.2 project and you want to try out in .3, copy it, make a backup and try it out on a separate project. If you create a project in .3, it usually won't work in lower versions.

ElnuDev likes this.
  4. ElnuDev

ElnuDev

The reason I had to downgrade my version was that I accidentally was using 2018.3.0b12 (Preview), which is super buggy. It crashes all the time and the WebGL builds just create an empty folder. :confused: In the end, I managed to fix the problem by not downgrading as far as I did. Going from 2018.3.0b12 (Preview) to 2018.3.0b7 gave me no problems, and the WebGL build bug disappeared. Thanks for your help!

5. I'm glad you did find your solution, but please note that downgrading is a very bad idea. Make backup before upgrade and if you find some problems you can go back.

Munchy2007 and ElnuDev like this.
  6. SparrowGS

SparrowGS

If you really need to downgrade you project the best bet is making a new project, dragging all you scripts/models/etc and remake the scenes.

as @LurkingNinjaDev said, always backup before upgrading to new version, i can't even begin to count how many GB i have taken in backups(lucky today a TB is relatively standard and cheap)

ElnuDev likes this.
  7. ElnuDev

ElnuDev

To me, the concept of a TB is still amazing. One terabyte can hold 8 trillion (8,000,000,000,000) bits in it. :eek:

SparrowGS likes this.
  8. SparrowGS

SparrowGS

I still remember my brother questioning me "Do you REALLY need a WHOLE 2 GB of ram?" when i built my first gaming rig, hehe

ElnuDev likes this.
  9. 64kbytes are enough for everything! C64 rulz the world!

ElnuDev and Kurt-Dekker like this.
  10. Kurt-Dekker

Kurt-Dekker

Also while we're talking about backups, PLEASE get your project under source control immediately. There is no reason whatsoever for anyone to not use source control. Use git, it's awesome. Tons of tutorials on how to set it up with Unity. The code you save will be your own.

ElnuDev likes this.
  11. Ariel_Tal_STRIVR

Ariel_Tal_STRIVR

I found replacing Packages/manifest.json from a newly created project (using an older version of unity) resolved the issue.

RuslanIrokez likes this.