Search Unity

[UnityConnectServicesConfig] config is NOT valid

Discussion in 'Unity Build Automation' started by rockin, Nov 14, 2019.

1. rockin

rockin

Hello, I am posting this in the Cloud Build forum, although I am running the build in batchmode on our own Windows machine.

On these batch builds we get the Made with Unity logo on the splash screen although we have Pro licenses. If we do the builds manually on our local PCs, this issue is not present.

We noticed these lines in the log:

Initiating legacy licensing module
    LICENSE SYSTEM [20191112 21:29:48] Next license update check is after 2019-10-29T21:45:34
    LICENSE SYSTEM [20191112 21:29:48] 00330-80000-00000-AA957 != 00330-80000-00000-AA512

and later on:

[UnityConnectServicesConfig] config is NOT valid, switching to default
    [[*user name edited by me*]] logged in successfully
    DisplayProgressbar: Closing open Unity projects in Xcode

We are running the editor like this:

Unity.exe -CacheServerIPAddress [[edited]] -projectPath [[edited]] -buildTarget iOS -silent-crashes
    -no-dialogs -batchmode -username [[edited]] -password [[edited]] -serial [[edited]] -quit
    -executeMethod BuildCommand.PerformBuild [[edited]] -logFile [[edited]]

Where
    BuildCommand.PerformBuild
    is our internal static method that actually does the build.

Do you have any pointers as to what might be going on?

2. rockin

rockin

EDIT: Ah, silly me.

Hello! I managed to solve this myself! The user was not correctly authenticated on the machine where we were doing the batch build!

Last edited: Nov 18, 2019
  3. kornel-l-varga

kornel-l-varga

Dear rockin,
    What does that actually mean?
    I am trying to use digitalocean with Jenkins to build my project on an Ubuntu droplet, and I am getting the same error.
    No sure though where to look for the authentication problem, as everything seems fine.\

4. rockin

rockin

It's been a long time, but I believe I had to manually log in with the user's credentials, in the Unity Hub on that machine. I believe this activated the license on that machine properly.

I have goldfish memory so it might have been a totally different issue altogether, sorry!

ColdFire_JimRaid likes this.
  5. victorw

victorw

Yeah licensing can be a really complex problem since it's really intended for personal Editor usage rather than build agents. We actually had to create our own custom internal-only solution for Cloud Build to work around a lot of the complexities.

Part of our experience with that lead to a team building out the Unity Build Server licensing solution intended to help manage licenses in build farms and provide cheaper editor licenses for build servers. Sounds like you might not be at the stage where you need to run your own license server but wanted to mention that as an option for if you are setting up a build farm.

FYI @kornel-l-varga if you do not use Unity Build Server then your best bet is to use the
    -username
    and
    -password
    batchmode options. AFAIK there's a limit of two simultaneous activations per license so you should not try to run multiple builds simultaneously. You will also need to be very careful about returning the license lease once each build concludes, otherwise it is possible to consume all your activations (this and pricing are the two main issues that Unity Build Server is intended to help with).

6. Boemak

Boemak

There are quite a lot of issues running Unity headless on Linux. Why not make it so that the licensing can be skipped when running in -batchmode? It usually is just people wanting to run their own buildserver.

masterton, awyld and ENOUGH- like this.