Search Unity

UnityAds vs UnityMonetization and UnityBanners classes. What to use?

Discussion in 'Unity Ads & User Acquisition' started by TheBlackCreed, Apr 23, 2019.

1. TheBlackCreed

TheBlackCreed

Hi,

I am an android developer. I am used to integrate ad networks and I had an old version of UnityAds (I think it was 2.0) integrated in one of my apps, but at this time, after reading the 3.0 documentation, I feel lost. So, I would be really happy if anyone could answer this little questions:

1) There are two classes I have seen in the documentation that seem to do the same thing. They are UnityAds and UnityMonetization. Which one should I use to show interstitals and rewareded ads?. In my old implementation I was using UnityAds, but now, I'm not sure which one should I use.

2) Is there any way to manually cache ads? It seems that unity starts caching ads as soon as it is initialized. This is something bad for people like me that use in-house ad mediators (waterfall). Is there any way to avoid this automathic caching and trigger it on my own?

Cheers.

2. kenzwares

kenzwares

It appears UnityAds is a descendent of UnityMonitization. I stopped using UnityMonitization because it causes issues if you initialize both. The UnityAds uses a common show()

if (UnityAds.isReady ("rewardedVideo")) UnityAds.show(this,"rewardedVideo");
    if (UnityAds.isReady ("video")) UnityAds.show(this,"video");
    if(UnitiyAds.isReady("banner"))UnityBanners.loadBanner("myBanner");

Skip that other nonsense on the site about useing UnityMonititzation.

3. TheBlackCreed

TheBlackCreed