Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

UnityAds VS AdMob??who win

Discussion in 'Unity Ads & User Acquisition' started by FabrizioSpadaro, Oct 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FabrizioSpadaro

FabrizioSpadaro

Hi guys i open this threads to ask something...
    I have a game with:
    Videos completed:990
    Videos started:2621
    Ad requests:6786
    and i got 7.05$ now my question is...
    with admob with 6786 ad request i will display 6786 interstitial wich will give me more than 3$ every 1000 views
    so i will get more than 18$...
    Soooo wich one give me more money??

sama-van likes this.
  2. Salazar

Salazar

I dont know about money but working with humans better than working with robots.
    Unity-Ads will improve with more publishers.
    My account is banned from ad-mob, I really dont know why? Maybe because I am not an experienced developer. Maybe I miss something or violate something I even dont know. You should careful with ad-mob, after I banned I figured out there are lots of publishers like me. Some of them lost lots of money, (you can search the web)

I now trying to implement video Unity-Ads. At least there are official people to talk. And I am using Unity's free tools, damn thanks for this tools.

Armand Cloud
    Architect

3. HeikkiTunkelo

HeikkiTunkelo

Unity Technologies

Hi Belva,

The term adrequest in our current admin is a bit misleading (it was originally internal number, but we've kept it in the admin).

Your game will actually make an adrequest everytime it is started (regardless whether the user ever sees an ad). So that number does NOT correspond to the number of times you have tried to show an ad.

The number you should use when comparing is the 2621 started / shown ads.

Cheers,
    Heikki

IltonGarcia and nandovilla like this.
  4. dariuszpietrala

dariuszpietrala

What about the ad blocking problem? Are there any ways to detect ad blocking apps? There is a problem with that and admob. It would be great to be able at least prompt the user not to do that and maybe turn off some features.

5. unity-nikkolai

unity-nikkolai

We're addressing part of the problem right now. Good suggestions, though. Most likely, the solution will include providing some sort of detection for blocking within the SDK and allow devs to handle from that point accordingly.

IltonGarcia likes this.
  6. dariuszpietrala

dariuszpietrala

Good to hear (read) that. I will probably try Unity Ads in my next game :)

unity-nikkolai likes this.
  7. unity-nikkolai

unity-nikkolai

Awesome! Let me know if you have any questions integration wise.

I put together a small demo project built around a helper script that should serve as a good example for how to implement Unity Ads. Feel free to repurpose any part of the code in your own project.

Akshay_khoyani likes this.
  8. dariuszpietrala

dariuszpietrala

I got it working, but only in test mode. I didn't get any ads when not being in test mode. I always get this:

UNITY ADS: CAMPAIGNS FETCH FAILED!

And the question is: is the fill rate that much related to location? Or should I be looking for something else in the logs?

I know it probably is and I know how to handle that problem, but I need to be sure.

9. unity-nikkolai

unity-nikkolai

Location does factor into fill, but is negligible for most of the English speaking world.

Are you using Unity, or are you developing natively for iOS? You want to make sure you check that ads are ready first before attempting to show them. You also want to give Unity Ads time to finish initializing before showing an ad.

In Unity, you only need to call Advertisement.isReady() before the Advertisement.Show() method. However, if you are specifying a zone when you call Show() you need to specify it with isReady() as well.

When developing in Xcode, you need to check that you canShow and canShowAds. The canShow method checks that the zone is ready, while the canShowAds method checks that an ad is available and ready.

darshnathani and konsnos like this.
  10. dariuszpietrala

dariuszpietrala

I'm using Unity. I tried your helper script and everything is OK. I don't get ads from iAd in Poland too so I'm used to it. I checked it on Android though. I'm going with a basic solution for this:

if(unityAdsOK && unityAdsRequestTime > veryLongTime && !Advertisement.isReady()){
    requestAdmobAd();
    StartCoroutine("showAdmobWhenReady");
    }

11. dariuszpietrala

dariuszpietrala

I got Unity Ads working on Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.pixelperfectdude.universeescape

But I can't get it working on iOS. I get the "UnityAds.h: file not found" error. I'm using Unity5 and latest XCode. I downloaded the plugin from Asset Store. I don't know much about XCode, basically all the stuff I've been using (like prime31 plugins) worked after clicking "Build & Run". I uploaded the Admob version and I'm waiting for review, but I want to upload a fixed version with Unity Ads ASAP ;) Any ideas what is wrong?

12. fedecaccia

fedecaccia

can i use admob and unity -ads together in the same game?

13. unity-nikkolai

unity-nikkolai

Yes, you can implement multiple ad networks in the same game.

IltonGarcia and darshnathani like this.
  14. dariuszpietrala

dariuszpietrala

15. DanglingNeuron

DanglingNeuron

No on iOS you cannot mix Admob plugin and UnityAds plugin. When you have the Admob plugin in your iOS game, the UnityAds.h notfound and linker issues come in during xCode compile. I have tested this on both Unity 4.6.x and Unity 5.x.

So currently I have iAd and UnityAds in my iOS release. On android everything works ok, so I use Admob and UnityAds.

IltonGarcia likes this.
  16. Wekthor

Wekthor

@DanglingNeuron

So there is no way to have both UnityAds and AdMob togehter ? Are you sure there isnt some workaround that ? i was planning on having UnityAds, Admob and Chartboost.

17. DanglingNeuron

DanglingNeuron

I am a noob in the Mac/iOS world, so i dont know but i wasted a week on this. finally I decided to keep UnityAds and iAd only. Someone from UnityAds needs to look into this and fix this.

18. ObOberon

ObOberon

Any updates on this problem? I tried to integrate both Unity Ads and Admob to my game, but unfortunately it doesn't work. :(

19. xdf

xdf

20. zuanzike

zuanzike

Happy_Jacky likes this.
  21. Happy_Jacky

Happy_Jacky

Hi zuanzike,
    Congratulations on your success!
    May I know how many downloads is your game having now to make that amount of money in 10 days?

22. zuanzike

zuanzike

Thank you,Happy_Jacky
    till Nov 2,the downloads is 2068

kidastudio and Happy_Jacky like this.
  23. Happy_Jacky

Happy_Jacky

Thanks for your reply! And wish you all the best!

24. jameschens1

jameschens1

Bilgisoft likes this.
  25. p5games

p5games

No PayPal or Bitcoin withdraw so I need to search other ad company.

26. EliteCommander

EliteCommander

27. dariuszpietrala

dariuszpietrala

WARNING for anybody that want to use AdMob!
    Don't do it. I've been doing it for few years right now. You never know what the RPM will be. The drop few weeks ago basically makes no sense. But lets just consider that it happened. That's not the worst part. The Match Rate for banner is now 40%!!! In normal countries. This combined with the RPM drop is like 75% revenue drop. And it happened in few days. And now the worst part. NO SUPPORT AT ALL!!! They don't respond to messages. I got one reply saying that it is normal after Christmas. Well it's not. Never happened before. If they're saying that everything is OK, they're basically saying that they are not able to provide ad units for people to earn money.

My only advice for anybody considering going with AdMob is to spend a few days and go with something else. Try maybe rewarded ads from Unity or something similar.

DavidSof likes this.
  28. RoMax92

RoMax92

I was just thinking which use, thanks a lot!

29. Damon117

Damon117

I use both Admob and UnityAds. I'd prefer Admob.
    1. UnityAds is very unstable. Some days the revenue are a round 4$(the best record is 10$), the other days the revenue are zero. While Admob are more stable, almost around 2$ per day.
    2. UnityAds doesn't support banner.
    3. UnityAds seems doesn't care about the convenience of withdraw for years.
    4. Video ads affect user experience more than banners.

UnityAds:
    WX20170731-101654@2x.png

Admob:
    WX20170731-102941@2x.png

Here is my app. It not a game. This application will help you to Origami by full 3D animation step by step.
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/3d-animated-origami-paper-floding/id998790565?ls=1&mt=8

Last edited: Jul 31, 2017
    Bilgisoft and RoMax92 like this.
  30. john-essy

john-essy

Unity ads for us wayyyy out performs Admob by around 50-70% If we make $200 from unity one day we know we made around $50 - 100 in admob. Unity is way better. Only thing i would like is better CPM or more control on how to get a better CPM as that is all over the place.

31. Bilgisoft

Bilgisoft

Until today, I always used Unity ads. However, about 1 year has passed and I will buy 3 games for a total of 80 dollars. This a system that exploits labor with a purely capitalist understanding. Good read the picture below well. If you do not want to be a slave, you might consider switching to AdMob ads like me.

Attached Files:

sansia1 likes this.
  32. BegetaBlack

BegetaBlack

33. xXEchoXx

xXEchoXx

How is your Admob results, is it better now? I am also same nationality with you friend. Admob is better for our country or not?

34. wuym67123

wuym67123

Yes ,You can use admob mediation,and put unity sdk and adapter in plugin.
    Unity ads support video only. and the admob plugin support banner,institial,video,and native ad.

This is the plugin and it document.

Admob Unity Plugin
    Admob Unity Plugin provides a way to integrate admob ads in Unity3D Game and u3d app. You can use it for Unity iOS and Android App with the same c# or js code.

Admob Unity3d Plugin Readme Contents
    1. Admob Unity Plugin Description
    2. Unity Admob Plugin Features
    3. Downloads Admob Unity Plugin
    4. Installation Admob Unity
    5. Unity Plugin Wiki and Documentation
    6. Quick Start
    7. Unity Admob Demo Usage
    8. Important Tips
    9. Screenshots
    10. License
    Admob Unity Plugin Description
    The Google Mobile Ads SDK is the latest generation in Google mobile advertising featuring refined ad formats and streamlined APIs for access to mobile ad networks and advertising solutions. The SDK enables Unity mobile app developers to maximize their monetization in native mobile apps.

This repository contains the source code for the Google Mobile Ads Unity plugin. This plugin enables Unity developers to easily serve Google Mobile Ads on Android and iOS apps without having to write Java or Objective-C code. The plugin provides a C# interface for requesting ads that is used by C# scripts in your Unity project.

Unity Admob Plugin Features
    Platforms supported in one plugin :

• Android, via SDK v11.0.4 (part of Google Play service platform)
    • iOS, via SDK v7.28.0
    • Support all native events
    • AdRequest targeting methods,such as children target,test mode
    • Not need change Android package name
    • Very simple API
    Ad Types:

• Banner(All Banner Type and Custom banner sizes)
    • Interstitial (text, picture, video)
    • Rewarded Video
    • Advanced Native Ad
    Downloads Admob Unity Plugin
    AdmobPluginRes/GoogleMobileAds.framework and admob_unity_plugin.unitypackage is reqired
    Download those files from Admob Unity3d Plugin Project Home https://github.com/unity-plugins/Unity-Admob
    or Download all the Unity admob plugin project https://github.com/unity-plugins/Unity-Admob/archive/master.zip

Installation Admob Unity
    1. Open your project in the Unity editor.
    2. Navigate to Assets -> Import Package -> Custom Package.
    3. Select the AdmobUnityPlugin.unitypackage file.
    4. Import all of the files for the plugins by selecting Import. Make sure to check for any conflicts with files.
    Unity Plugin Wiki and Documentation
    Quick Start
    1.Init Admob Unity Plugin
    Create A C# script ,drag the script to a object on scene , add the follow code in the script file

using admob;
    Admob.Instance().initAdmob("admob banner id", "admob interstitial id");//admob id with format ca-app-pub-279xxxxxxxx/xxxxxxxx
    //Admob.Instance().initAdmob("ca-app-pub-3940256099942544/2934735716", "ca-app-pub-3940256099942544/4411468910");

2.Add Admob Banner in Unity App
    Here is the minimal code needed to show admob banner.

Admob.Instance().showBannerRelative(AdSize.Banner, AdPosition.BOTTOM_CENTER, 0);

The AdPosition class specifies where to place the banner. AdSize specifies witch size banner to show

3.Remove Banner
    By default, banners are visible. To temporarily hide a banner, call:

Admob.Instance().removeBanner();

4.How to integrate Interstitial into Unity 3d app?
    Here is the minimal code to create an interstitial.

Admob.Instance().loadInterstitial();

Unlike banners, interstitials need to be explicitly shown. At an appropriate stopping point in your app, check that the interstitail is ready before showing it:

if (Admob.Instance().isInterstitialReady()) {
    Admob.Instance().showInterstitial();
    }

5.Custom Admob Banner Ad Sizes
    In addition to constants on AdSize, you can also create a custom size:

//Create a 250x250 banner.
    AdSize adSize = new AdSize(250, 250);
    Admob.Instance().showBannerAbsolute(adSize,0,30);

6.Admob test Ads and children app
    If you want to test the ads or the your app with children target,you can set with admob unity plugin easy

Admob.Instance().setTesting(true);
    Admob.Instance().setForChildren(true);
    string[] keywords = { "game","crash","male game"};
    Admob.Instance().setKeywords(keywords);

7.Ad Events
    Both Banner and Interstitial contain the same ad events that you can register for. Here we'll demonstrate setting ad events on a interstitial,and show interstitial when load success:

Admob.Instance().interstitialEventHandler += onInterstitialEvent;
    void onInterstitialEvent(string eventName, string msg)
    {
    Debug.Log("handler onAdmobEvent---" + eventName + " " + msg);
    if (eventName == AdmobEvent.onAdLoaded)
    {
    Admob.Instance().showInterstitial();
    }
    }

You only need to register for the events you care about.

8.How to integrate Admob Rewarded Video to Unity3d app?
    Here is the minimal code to create an admob video.

Admob.Instance().loadRewardedVideo("ca-app-pub-3940256099942544/1712485313");

Simular with interstitial,video need to be explicitly shown at an appropriate stopping point in your app, check that the video is ready before showing it:

if (Admob.Instance().isRewardedVideoReady()) {
    Admob.Instance().showRewardedVideo();
    }

9.Show Admob Native Advanced Ad in IOS and Android App
    Here is the minimal code needed to show admob banner. This is implemented with Admob Native Advanced as AdMob announced stop the express format ads ,so you must update this sdk if you are using old native banner. Just update sdk and replace the admob Express Ad ID with Advanced Ad ID

Admob.Instance().showNativeBannerRelative(new AdSize(360,100), AdPosition.BOTTOM_CENTER, 0,"ca-app-pub-3940256099942544/2934735716");

Unity Admob Demo Usage
    1. import AdmobUnityPlugin.unitypackage to your Unity project
    2. copy admobdemo.cs from AdmobPluginRes to your unity project/assets dic
    3. attach admobdemo.cs to the main camera
    4. edit admob id in admobdemo.cs
    5. build and run this in your device
    Important Tips
    1. Add GoogleMobileAds.framework. to Xcode Project
    2. Add the following framework to Xcode project
    AdSupport.framework,EventKit.framework,EventKitUI.framework,CoreTelephony.framework,StoreKit.framework,MessageUI.framework

1. Attach admob to Object on scene,init admob before call admob fun

35. Scrat2510

Scrat2510

Admob ads have more options than Unity ads. However, the most embarrassed thing of Admob is your account will be blocked without clear reasons. Instead of helping developers to avoid bad traffic and click, they use the robot they call AI to detect and suspend your account, and no chance to appeal for freedom.

Mark-Currie and bobeogames like this.
  36. EvelynGameDev

EvelynGameDev

Me too

37. ngduykhanh

ngduykhanh

I’m really love Unity Ads. Why?
    - I got more revenue compare to Admob
    - Unity treats me well so far, Admob is almost robot it bans/restricts my account for half year without a word despite I always respect the policy - thanks for that now I’m with Unity

38. yosueefalneemi111

yosueefalneemi111

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.