Search Unity

UnityAds - Store Game ID and Name

Discussion in 'Unity Ads & User Acquisition' started by bss12062010, Dec 25, 2018.

1. bss12062010

bss12062010

Hi, I had published a game in early November in both the Apple and Google Play store. At that time I was not aware that after publishing I had to "link/specify" the Store Game ID and Name in the Unity Operate Dashboard platform under Monetization > Platforms

Notes:
    I am using UnityEngine.Advertisements.
    And under Services, I have enabled the Enable built-in Ads extension.
    Unity 2018.2.11f1

Question 1: Is it mandatory to link the Store Game ID and Name after publishing to actually earn revenue?
    Question 2: Does that mean that I haven't earned anything and have lost all revenue for any ads shown in that app till date? (I just now linked both of my games (other one just launched) with their proper Store game information).
    Question 3: Is it mandatory to specify the GAME ID (for each platform) that is assigned to my game by Unity inside of my Unity AdController.cs file? Currently, I am not doing that. I am simply invoking the placement that I want to show using it's ID. Also, I am using UnityEngine.Advertisements
    Question 4: Should I be using UnityEngine.Monetization?
    I want to make sure that I get everything right at this point of time. Thanks!

Last edited: Dec 25, 2018