Search Unity

Bug unity_LightmapST missing

Discussion in 'Universal Render Pipeline' started by stroibot, Sep 7, 2022.

1. stroibot

stroibot

Hi,

After I updated my project from 2021.3.0 to 2021.3.9 and URP package updated from 12.1.6 to 12.1.7 and now I get shader compilation error and my materials are broken:
    Shader error in 'filename': undeclared identifier 'unity_LightmapST' at /UnityProjects/project/Library/PackageCache/com.unity.render-pipelines.core@12.1.7/ShaderLibrary/MetaPass.hlsl(81) (on d3d11)

What do I do?

2. stroibot

stroibot

Anyone?

3. peterbay

peterbay

Unity Technologies

Which shader are you getting this error from?

4. stroibot

stroibot

In my shader, but there was no error before update, so the only way of fixing it that I see is downgrading. The strange thing.

The strange thing is it says that there's error in my shader, but this line confuses me
    undeclared identifier 'unity_LightmapST' at /UnityProjects/project/Library/PackageCache/com.unity.render-pipelines.core@12.1.7/ShaderLibrary/MetaPass.hlsl(81) (on d3d11)

Like, this is a package.

Is there was some API changes?

5. stroibot

stroibot

Clearing library, package cache and reimporting didn't helped me.

6. peterbay

peterbay

Unity Technologies

By "my shader", do you mean a custom shader? It sounds like you're missing an include somewhere. Did you base the shader off one in URP?

7. stroibot

stroibot

Custom URP shader, yes, sorry. But why do I need to add it now?

8. peterbay

peterbay

Unity Technologies

Hard to say exactly why without knowing what's in your shader. I would guess that a change landed in a pass file that you're including which made it depend on something our own shader already included, but your shader didn't. Hopefully, we'll have a better way to do custom shaders in the future.

As for what you need to do, the undeclared identifier is declared in "com.unity.render-pipelines.universal/ShaderLibrary/UnityInput.hlsl". But rather than directly including that one, I would recommend that you ensure that you're including "Packages/com.unity.render-pipelines.universal/ShaderLibrary/Core.hlsl" before the pass file. That one also includes UnityInput.hlsl, as well as a bunch of stuff used in URP.