Search Unity

1. Full schedule for #UniteBerlin is now available! Featuring talks on our roadmap, hands-on labs and much more! Check it out!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 2018.1 has arrived! Read about it here
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Scriptable Render Pipeline improvements, Texture Mipmap Streaming, and more! Check out what we have in store for you in the 2018.2 Beta.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. ARCore is out of developer preview! Read about it here.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Magic Leap’s Lumin SDK Technical Preview for Unity lets you get started creating content for Magic Leap One™. Find more information on our blog!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Want to see the most recent patch releases? Take a peek at the patch release page.
    Dismiss Notice

unity_builtin_extra--see contents and sizes

Discussion in 'Documentation' started by bigbrainz, Aug 7, 2017.

1. bigbrainz

bigbrainz

This question has been guessed about in a few places, but I'm hopeful Unity can provide a definitive answer. It's destroying our WebGL build sizes.

Is there any way to find out what's making this asset so large? Right now I'm only finding the uncompressed total size and I'm desperate for some way to find individual contents and sizes so I can trim and reduce them.

Thanks!

2. bigbrainz

bigbrainz

Hey Unity, it would really be super helpful to get this pinned down. We have a substantial network of Asset Bundles and each of them is pulling in some mystical pile of "unity_builtin_extra". If we knew what those were, we could just put THOSE things into a bundle and not keep duplicating them. Can we please get a tiny bit of commentary? Thanks!

3. bigbrainz

bigbrainz

Please? Pretty please? A little info as to what keeps adding all this bloat to our asset bundles?

upload_2018-4-2_14-21-48.jpeg

4. bigbrainz

bigbrainz

It would really shave some extra weight off most of our asset bundles.