Search Unity

[Unity5.2] Deferred Light issue into reflection probe box

Discussion in 'General Graphics' started by ghiboz, Sep 11, 2015.

1. ghiboz

ghiboz

Hi all!
    I've got this strange thing: If I use deferred lighting some materials that are inside the reflection probe bounding box appears brighter than expected, and this issue is only affected when I generate the .exe player... in designer is everything ok!

here are some shot to show you the problem:
    With Deferred:

With Forward:

I've tried everything, also removing light probes on the track meshes:

but no way, the result is the same.

thanks in advance

2. marcatore

marcatore

3. AcidArrow

AcidArrow

Are you adjusting the box correctly?

The boxes for the cubes in deferred are now per pixel and they don't auto scale to the object's size.

4. marcatore

marcatore

thank you AcidArrow.
    I've tried what you suggesting correcting the reflection probe size to the hypotetical bounding box of a car.

But the reflection probe gizmo still affect the plane

Below the plane material and object properties with "reflection probes: off"

Is it possible that deferred method affect all the specular materials without respect the mesh renderer options?

5. AcidArrow

AcidArrow

Well. The simplest solution the way you have set things up would be to go to the Reflection probe settings and change Blend Distance to 0.

6. marcatore

marcatore

I've tried but the Blend distance is greyed out.
    Where am I wrong?

7. bakanekofr

bakanekofr

Same problem here, and I also have the "blend distance" grayed and set to 1, though I'm using the deferred rendering path...

[EDIT]
    Actually, I was able to access the "blend distance" option by setting all the cameras in the scene to deferred. (they were set to player setting)

Still having a lot of trouble though, it seems having multiple realtime reflection probes, and setting them manually to some objects don't work in deferred, but works in forward.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2015