Search Unity

Unity3D Textures, MAterials, and Text Wont Show Up.

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by CrazieSiberian, Feb 15, 2014.

1. CrazieSiberian

CrazieSiberian

Hello I have been using unity3d for a while now and not too long ago while i was using unity I noticed some weird black spots occasionally covering up some of the GUI within unity itself. I didn't think much of it and restarted unity and it fixed itself. But now with my new computer the text is always replaced by little blocks and some GUI is missing! Below you can see my specs of both of my computers. New and old.

Old Computer- HP Laptop 2000 Series, came with windows 7 but i installed windows 8 onto it then 8.1. (Not much more info didnt know much about it) The mess ups in the GUI and textures began after installing windows 8!

New Computer- Dell Inspiron 660s, came with windows 8 (64 bit) but upgraded to 8.1 (64 bit). Intel HD Graphics, Intel Pentium (2 CPUs) 4096 MBs of RAM The mess ups in the GUI began as soon as i installed unity3d.

I have tried reinstalling it, messed with the compatibility settings alot! (Putting it in compatability with Windows Xp (Service Pack 3 Helped for a little bit but eventually failed) I have changed my Graphics properties to try and fix it but still nothing helps. Please if you know how to fix this issue please help me.

2. CrazieSiberian

CrazieSiberian

Ok i figured out what the problem was. All i had to do was disable my antivirus software.