Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Unity3D Sword Art Online Project

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by Asmina, Jul 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dothackking

Dothackking

That can be used just fine in Unity, which is where you should stay. HeroEngine uses proprietary "HeroScript" language, which even the professional programmer on my team couldn't figure out how to make a simple stamina system in the first week.

2. KheltonHeadley

KheltonHeadley

Obviously not professional.. ;)

Like I told you Tyler, you're wasting your time with an MMO. Obviously a far to big of a task for you to complete.

carking1996 and Deleted User like this.
  3. Asmina

Asmina

I didint think HE Had a steep learning curve. Okay. So i just need to recruit a person with some networking knowledge, and we can get the ball moving! Thank you for the "Reviews" I was searching for some, but i couldnt find any. =/

4. Asmina

Asmina

Khelton, if you need to talk to me, PM me. Dont put our conversation in the thread. It just clutters.

5. Asmina

Asmina

This is the newly made town of beginnings. Spoke with some friends and they said i should make cubes to represent where everything will be. Turned out to be a nice idea. Players will be able to buy houses and customize them to how they see fit. This shows the houses, the middle area, and the lake type of area.

$bandicam 2013-07-28 11-47-08-071.jpg $bandicam 2013-07-28 11-47-03-260.jpg $bandicam 2013-07-28 11-46-43-683.jpg $bandicam 2013-07-28 11-46-25-147.jpg $bandicam 2013-07-28 11-46-19-956.jpg

6. zarch

zarch

7. Asmina

Asmina

8. zarch

zarch

Sure u can and if i decide to clean it up ill give it too u once again since some parts bother me haha

9. Dothackking

Dothackking

Np on the hero engine advice. im surr the engine was plenty capable, but the only thing itwas good at was having its ownjetworking. from what iunderstand photon already has most of the networking done, and you just make th e client send andrecieve what you need to

10. Asmina

Asmina

Do you have skype? I may need your help on stuff. I wanna set up photon today.

11. Asmina

Asmina

Thank you so much.

12. Dothackking

Dothackking

Asima, ihavent used photon yet, im just likely going touse it when i make a multiplayer game pardon typos, im on my phone

13. Asmina

Asmina

Ah. Okay no biggie. I'll just peek at the docs. :D

14. zarch

zarch

Photon is easy to do but besides just connecting there takes other things to learn like how they use instantation and other things like that. I just made my networking and all the things for my characters. If u get their download project u can even see how they do a connection. It takes a bit more work to make a physical server connection since of the load balancing.

15. Asmina

Asmina

If anyone has a "Tutorial" on how to set up Photon it would be nice. I need to test out at least one other person in this connection for the game, to see how it goes.

16. Asmina

Asmina

MAJOR UPDATE

Networking is now being implemented in the game. Starting with small test scenes, its working really nice. Will have a video up soon. :D

Video now up!

Last edited: Jul 29, 2013
  17. Asmina

Asmina

New video is posted on the first page. Dont forget to email about the beta keys, and donate!

18. tobiass

tobiass

If you want to setup the server, check this out:
    http://doc.exitgames.com/photon-server/PhotonIn5Min

The basics of Photon Unity Networking are explained best in our "Marco Polo Tutorial":
    http://doc.exitgames.com/photon-cloud/Marco_Polo_Tutorial

The completed tutorial source is also in the PUN package in the Asset Store.

19. NanoBeast

NanoBeast

20. Janos98

Janos98

Ehmm I've a question, do you have a Beta-mail from me? I can't find it in my mails I've send. My e-mail: csonka.janos@live.com

Last edited: Aug 2, 2013
  21. Charles_Gams

Charles_Gams

Wow interesting I've watched this anime and it was really good. To recreate something like it is indeed going to be a major challenge so its good that your working on coding side of things. In regards to the artistic side of the game Having a look at the latest super mario games , sonic games or even nintendo games will inspire you with what type of textures or style you can implement to make this a stunningly beautiful game. I Wish the best in this project and will keep tabs on your progress. Good Luck !!

22. Janos98

Janos98

Sorry for so much questions but how will be the character name creation? Will it be like I hope that I don't need to add number's to my name (I just want the name: Angel and not something like -Angel- or Angel98 )?

Last edited: Aug 3, 2013
  23. Asmina

Asmina

24. Spidyy

Spidyy

I too wished for a true MMO version of SAO since I love the anime, but each time I think about it, I can't bring myself to do just "another MMO that looks like SAO", meaning, if you want to surprise and satisfay the fans, you'll have to get as close as possible to the current SAO.

What I mean by that is about gameplay and interaction, moreover how the player will interact with the world and other players, and what comes in mind is the GUI system of SAO : Floating GUI you virtualy click on. Just having to move your mouse cursor to some 2D GUI isn't enough. Having to bring the menu by a gesture of the left hand and clicking on it in space would be gorgeous. And for this, you would have to use Kinect or a webcam for the gesture detection and something like Occulus Rift to be able to look at the environment hands-free would gives your game what would make a great starting experience.

Well, that said, because I wanted to say it, good luck with your project!

25. abysswolf

abysswolf

26. badass kirito

badass kirito

Just to let you no I own a oculus rift as well as razer hydras and I would love to do some testing for you I don't expect any pay but I would really like to be apart of this SAO was the greatest show ever and to actually go into that world with the oculus would be perfection (I also posted this on the new forum where my name is Cameron)

27. AlexandraJx

AlexandraJx

I love SAO so I really hope this goes over well. I like your ideas, they sound really good. Though when your character dies, they should not be allowed to play that character again. It should be erased. They would have to start from scratch, a brand new person. Also, as far as the online chat goes, will it be with a headset like Xbox? That would be awesome. And you could change your voice so no one knew who you really were. I would thoroughly enjoy this game. Good luck. I wish I could help out on this project, but, I'll just have to watch from the sidelines.

28. KheltonHeadley

KheltonHeadley

This project is dead. :D At least I'm assuming.

Deleted User likes this.
  29. Sinaxxxx

Sinaxxxx

I heard he teamed up with cracked spoon for the MMO. There facebook has over 12k likes. Seems pretty legit.

30. KheltonHeadley

KheltonHeadley

They can have tons and tons of likes, tons of money. But unless they finish it, doesn't mean sh*t.

EDIT

Look at Kitaru, did a kickstarter, tons of followers and no news since last year.

Deleted User likes this.
  31. FrosT_COMETS

FrosT_COMETS

so are players able to talk through the game its self? Or will you haft to use skype?

32. KheltonHeadley

KheltonHeadley

This game is dead.

Deleted User likes this.
  33. DiscoveryGame

DiscoveryGame

Actually its not dead. He teamed up with a bigger team that was also making Sword Art Online. They have their own website and have considerable progress done. All the other SAO "Dream Teams" have died out except this one. This is their old website Saoproject.org .

And there new website (They changed the name after they got 21K likes on facebooks, to avoid copyright)
    age-of-aincrad.com

Been following them since 10k likes :D

34. KheltonHeadley

KheltonHeadley

So I see, if I ever have free time I'll most likely hop over and offer my help.

Deleted User likes this.
  35. DiscoveryGame

DiscoveryGame

Glad to hear :D What i know right now, is there almost done with there networking. They should be having a stream in Feb.

36. Glader

Glader

I offered my assistance but I've been ignored. I'm curious what progress they have in general though.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2014
  37. FrosT_COMETS

FrosT_COMETS

38. IasagiStrife

IasagiStrife

Hey, Add me on Skype, facebook or whatever, ill send you my facebook and skype via PM, i have cryengine Unity, and unreal engine, i have been creating my own ( small project ) games for testing, os i might can help, also i use Blender for modeling, Not that great, but im not the worst of the worst of the worst either.

39. Gnoixy

Gnoixy

Yo, where can i play this game, this game seems so fun to play and SOA is a good anime, so where can i play? lol

40. Davidhulk1

Davidhulk1

I have started working a sword model of kirito's sword and i was wondering if y'all want it ???

41. sunny213

sunny213

i wonder if i can have the mods to put it in my unity 5

42. khoanam0000

khoanam0000

hello! my name is NAM: N-A-M.I'am from Vietnam.I'm not very good about create games and don't have any experience of this job.But i'd like to add some idea.In online games in my country, there are some items that you have to use special kind of money to buy it.That special kind of money in the game is come from the real life money.People sell cards that have code to add that kind of money to the avatar in the game.So if this project is successfull,I think you could ask the donors to sell that kind of cards so you can get the money that you've lost(I'm sure that a lot,right?) back!Then,can you please make the game free download,please?We foreigners have waiting for this so long but we can't buy any of yours activate keys.

43. Samega7Cattac

Samega7Cattac

Hello,
    I´m new here.
    Where I can find alpha version to test?
    On age-of-aincrad.com the link to Alpha testing download is off!

44. Xevix

Xevix

45. carking1996

carking1996

Could we possibly get this locked or something?

kittik likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.