Search Unity

Unity3D on Linux with Wine: Support thread

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by wnk, Nov 15, 2013.

1. Akira_san

Akira_san

No i mean when i preinstall the windows and install unity3d i get a trail version - 30 days with pro features, right?
    But if im under Linux and install unity3d i get 30 days with pro feature? But if after 30 days i remove unity and install it again, i get another 30 days with pro features?

2. Tomza

Tomza

I don't know. I think you get the same what under Windows do. There shouldn't be any difference.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2014
  3. Goran Grncaroski

Goran Grncaroski

I don't know for sure cos I installed directly to unity3D free 2 - 3 times.

I guess they check the OS for trial licence,and in theory you can cheat the trial by changing the OS. in the case of wine,with new wine virtual drive you got new windows (cos is emulated),thus when they check if this windows have spend the trial you got new one. even if this is not the real case you can always find a way to cheat the system by re installing distro , but if you wan't pro features you should spend your money on it. don't try to cheat the system. at the end you will need a licence to deploy your game with pro features. Or you plan to do it from trial ?

I am going linux with all my software opensource so I don't have to pay for Photoshop (gimp is free) , XSI>Mudbox/Zbrush (blender is free).

but unity 3d on other hand have free version, and if some software deserve to pay for it, that is unity3d PRO.

if you don't want to spend money, just leave the pro features and go for the free version.

4. Akira_san

Akira_san

No, just got the idea that Linux users cheat! Im also using free soft, blender3d, gimp, notepad++... And my Unity is also the free version, but anyway im planning an android/ouya game.

5. Goran Grncaroski

Goran Grncaroski

nice. good luck with your game btw :p

6. Akira_san

Akira_san

Thxs, and thats why im curious if the android/ouya build will work under Linux.

7. Goran Grncaroski

Goran Grncaroski

test it then and post your results here.

but exporting to android require Java Development Kit and Android development kit also installed to your PC.
    and i have not tested if they run from wine .....

you should try it and tell us how it goes.

8. Tomza

Tomza

Mesa 10.1 was released this morning as the latest three-month update to this 3D library and graphics driver stack used throughout the Linux desktop ecosystem. With Mesa 10.1 there are tons of improvements, while one of the big highlights is OpenGL 3.3 support for the open-source Radeon and Nouveau drivers.

source: http://www.linux.com/

We need such news. Our solution as to running Unity3D and MonoDevelop isn't enough. 3D rendering is the most important thing in game developing. If it's better than on Windows is, Linux will be gaining the market. I hope game developers will be leaving Windows for Linux soon. Linux technologies are open for games now.

Alas, NVIDIA lost again :(.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2014
  9. dehen_

dehen_

Thank you Waneck and Tomza for your hard work. I had been virtualizing, but tried this today and it works like a charm. It's now much snappier and the windows are handled natively... which is a big deal for my workflow.

For the record, I'm using the script on page1, but with dotnet40 and wine1.7.13 as instructed on page6. Unity 4.3.4 and its monodevelop work as (or better) than expected. I use some custom shaders and expected them to fail for some reason, but they work beautifully.

My setup: Fedora 20, with an Nvidia GeForce GTX 560M.

10. Tomza

Tomza

It's great it works for you. Use the script on the 6th page only. You need all .NET versions to run Unity3D and MonoDevelop successfully. Thank you for sharing your configuration. I see you have the NVIDIA graphics card. Which driver are you using? Proprietary or from Mesa?

11. gnumaru

gnumaru

Indeed, making Android builds require both jdk6 (must be 6, Android does not support jdk7 yet) and Android SDK. I have made some Android builds and all of them builded properly, installed properly and executed properly on an Android Device.

To install Android SDK you will need to download “android-sdk_r22.6-windows.zip” from here:

http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html

Unzip it anywhere, run “SDK Manager.exe” and install at least “Platform Tools”, “Build Tools” and “Google APIs LV14 (Android 4.0)”. I could not run “SDK Manager.exe” under wine, so I did it on windows.

To install jdk6 32 bits, you need to download “jdk-6u45-windows-i586.exe” from Oracle here:

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/j...ownloads-javase6-419409.html#jdk-6u45-oth-JPR

Then do the folowing:
    1. Open PlayOnLinux;
    2. Chose “install a program” on the Actions menu, at the right side of the main window;
    3. Chose the “Install an unlisted program” link on the bottom of the window;
    4. Click next;
    5. Chose “Edit or update an existing program” and click next;
    6. Select Unity's wine prefix and click next;
    7. Click next again;
    8. Chose 32 bit;
    9. Chose “select another file” and click next;
    10. Navigate to where you have downloaded the jdk installer and chose the installers executable;
    11. Procede with jdk installation;
    12. When PlayOnLinux asks if you want to make a shortcut, just chose “I don't want to create another shortcut” and click next.

Then, open up Unity, set the android sdk installation folder to where you installed it, and you are done! You will be able to do fully functional Android Builds =D

Bojidar likes this.
  12. Tomza

Tomza

Thanks for you share. Now, we know that we can make Android builds. Perfect! Only Asset Store can't be used.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2014
  13. Tomza

Tomza

Because we have the new Wine ad Mesa version, I changed the script. somewhat. However, I can't still use Asset Store.

Code (csharp):
    1. #!/bin/bash
    3. # Date : (2014-03-07 10-21)
    4. # Last revision : (2014-03-07 10-21)
    5. # Wine version used : 1.7.14
    6. # Distribution used to test : OpenSuse 13.1
    7. # Authors : waneck-six, Damian-LinuxFan, Tomza (pogtoma@gmail.com)
    8. # Contributors: Goran Grncaroski (running MonoDevelop), other people (testing solutions)
    9. # Script licence : GPL v.2
    10. # Only For : http://www.playonlinux.com
    11. # Depend :
    13. # Known Issues : You can't use Asset Store
    15. [ "$PLAYONLINUX" = "" ]  exit 0
    16. source "$PLAYONLINUX/lib/sources"
    18. TITLE="Unity 3D"
    19. PREFIX="Untity3D"
    20. WINE_VERSION="1.7.14"
    22. POL_SetupWindow_Init
    23. POL_Debug_Init
    25. POL_SetupWindow_presentation "$TITLE" "Unity" "http://www.unity3d.com/" "waneck-six, Damian-LinuxFan, Tomza" "$PREFIX"
    27. #create prefix
    28. export WINEARCH="win32"
    29. POL_Wine_SelectPrefix "$PREFIX"
    30. POL_Wine_PrefixCreate "$WINE_VERSION"
    32. #setup prefix
    33. POL_Wine_InstallFonts
    34. POL_Call POL_Install_dotnet20
    35. POL_Call POL_Install_dotnet35
    36. POL_Call POL_Install_dotnet40
    37. POL_Call POL_Install_tahoma
    38. POL_Call POL_Install_vcrun2008
    39. POL_Call POL_Install_vcrun2010
    40. POL_Call POL_Install_mono210
    41. POL_Call POL_Install_d3dx9_36
    42. POL_Call POL_Install_d3dcompiler_43
    43. POL_Call POL_Install_dxdiag
    44. POL_Call POL_Install_dxfullsetup
    45. POL_Call POL_Install_physx
    46. POL_Call POL_Install_corefonts
    47. POL_Call POL_Install_msxml6
    48. POL_Call POL_Install_wininet
    49. POL_Call POL_Install_ie8
    51. #Setting OS wer
    52. Set_OS  "winxp" "sp3"
    54. #Setting mono forcing in MonoDevelop
    55. POL_Wine_OverrideDLL "native" "mscore"
    56. POL_Wine_OverrideDLL "" "mscorsvw.exe"
    58. mkdir -p $WINEPREFIX/drive_c/users/$USER/AppData/LocalLow
    60. #registry
    61. regfile=$(mktemp --suffix=.REG)
    62. echo "REGEDIT4" > $regfile
    63. echo "" >> $regfile
    64. echo "[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\Software\\Microsoft\\Windows NT\\CurrentVersion]" >> $regfile
    65. echo '"ProductId"="12345-oem-0000001-54321"' >> $regfile
    67. POL_Wine regedit $regfile
    69. POL_SetupWindow_browse "Please select the location of the Unity3D setup executable" "$TITLE"
    71. UNITYLOC=$APP_ANSWER
    72. POL_Wine $UNITYLOC
    74. POL_Shortcut "Unity.exe" "$TITLE"
    76. POL_SetupWindow_Close
    77. exit

14. gnumaru

gnumaru

There should be a way to, somehow, bypass Asset Store instead of making it work under wine. I prefer to use Asset Store on a regular browser instead o Unity's built-in window.

When downloading something from Asset Store, Unity creates a “.json” file under the “C:\Users\<your-user-name>\AppData\Roaming\Unity\Asset Store\” directory which contains the direct link for the asset. This link is composed by two parts, one being this unchanging url:

http://d2ujflorbtfzji.cloudfront.net/download/

And the other being the Asset unique GUID

78017aa0-8756-4884-a609-5e70cff611dd

For example, this link:

http://d2ujflorbtfzji.cloudfront.net/download/78017aa0-8756-4884-a609-5e70cff611dd

Is the link for this asset:

https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/#/content/13866

When I used windows for Unity game development, when I was downloading large free assets, I used to start the download from within Unity just to copy the link and after that I canceled the download on Unity and started the download from some download manager (usually the “downthemall” firefox extension). After finishing the download, you just have to change the file name and add the “.unitypackage” extension.

In the Asset Store website there is no clue to what is the asset's GUID. However, if Unity knows this GUID, it MUST get this info somewhere. Having the assets GUIDs bundled withing the Unity installation would be nonsense, so there must be some web service that Unity contacts to get that json file with the download link. If we could intercept the communication between Unity and this web service (maybe with wireshark) and discover the web service that provides the information to Unity, it could even be possible to create a standalone cross-platform application (using mono, java, python or maybe even an firefox or chrome extension) to browse AND download the free Assets from Asset Store without even the need for a Unity installation. That, IMHO, would be even better than making Unity's Asset Store window work under wine.

15. Akira_san

Akira_san

Its great, that the Android builds are working, but
    if the “SDK Manager.exe” does not work under wine and i only have installed Linux, i wont be able to make a build.
    So i guess if i want to buy some unity asset im gonna have to contact the dev and ask him for a downloadable package.

16. Tomza

Tomza

Great idea. Yes, we need direct links. But I see that we still need Windows :). It needs do all so that we don't need Windows at all. I thought of direct links before but I had no idea of what to do to get them. I asked Unity Team to place direct links on their website, but I doubt they will do so.

17. Tomza

Tomza

Be careful of Mesa 10.1. It seems really unstable. I had troubles with using that. We need to wait for Mesa 10.1.1 that will be a stable release. It was associated with KCMInit. I could not start Console for example. It's a bug.

It was caused by NVIDIA drivers. I don't need them because I have Intel. But when I removed them, the error still existed. That's why, I was forced to come back to the old Mesa version. Now KCMInit works like before - no errors. So there's no other way only wait for the new stable version.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2014
  18. Praetonus

Praetonus

Hello.
    I tried it on Debian Jessie and it works perfectly. Thank you guys.

19. Tomza

Tomza

You are welcome. Could you tell me what the graphics card you have?

20. Praetonus

Praetonus

I have a nvidia geforce 610m.

21. gnumaru

gnumaru

I updated from Unity 4.3.2 to 4.3.4 and used the latest script provided by Tomza for instalation. Unity executed fine, as expected, but Unity's built-in MonoDevelop was crashing on launch. I managed to fix it installing directx9 and using a builtin dll-override for "dnsapi"

The only changes to the script would be adding the two folowing lines:

POL_Call POL_Install_directx9
    POL_Wine_OverrideDLL "builtin, native" "dnsapi"

Installing directx 9 without using the dnsapi override causes Unity itself to crash on launch.

And regarding Asset Store...
    It continues not working, but I realized that, when one hit the reload button on the asset store tab, Unity logs the folowing error on it's console:

url: https://kharma.unity3d.com/

It really appears as an error, with a red sign on it.

And when one tryies to reload again, it gives always this other error

url: https://kharma.unity3d.com/
    UnityEditor.GenericMenu:CatchMenu(Object, String[], Int32)

And one other thing... the asset store tab, even if completely grey, it has somethings on it which are not being rendered. If one passes the mouse over the tab, one would realize that sometimes the mouse arrow turns into a hand, as if it was over a web link, and on the upper right corner it turns into a text cursor, as if it was over the searching text box.

For the lazy ones, I have added that two lines to the script. Here it is:

Code (csharp):
    2. #!/bin/bash
    4. # Date : (2014-03-07 10-21)
    5. # Last revision : (2014-03-14 10-35)
    6. # Wine version used : 1.7.14
    7. # Distribution used to test : Ubuntu 13.10
    8. # Authors : waneck-six, Damian-LinuxFan, Tomza (pogtoma@gmail.com)
    9. # Contributors: Goran Grncaroski (running MonoDevelop), other people (testing solutions)
    10. # Script licence : GPL v.2
    11. # Only For : http://www.playonlinux.com
    12. # Depend :
    14. # Known Issues : Asset Store window does not work at all
    16. [ "$PLAYONLINUX" = "" ]  exit 0
    17. source "$PLAYONLINUX/lib/sources"
    19. TITLE="Unity 3D"
    20. PREFIX="Untity3D"
    21. WINE_VERSION="1.7.14"
    23. POL_SetupWindow_Init
    24. POL_Debug_Init
    26. POL_SetupWindow_presentation "$TITLE" "Unity" "http://www.unity3d.com/" "waneck-six, Damian-LinuxFan, Tomza" "$PREFIX"
    28. #create prefix
    29. export WINEARCH="win32"
    30. POL_Wine_SelectPrefix "$PREFIX"
    31. POL_Wine_PrefixCreate "$WINE_VERSION"
    33. #setup prefix
    34. POL_Wine_InstallFonts
    35. POL_Call POL_Install_directx9
    36. POL_Call POL_Install_dotnet20
    37. POL_Call POL_Install_dotnet35
    38. POL_Call POL_Install_dotnet40
    39. POL_Call POL_Install_tahoma
    40. POL_Call POL_Install_vcrun2008
    41. POL_Call POL_Install_vcrun2010
    42. POL_Call POL_Install_mono210
    43. POL_Call POL_Install_d3dx9_36
    44. POL_Call POL_Install_d3dcompiler_43
    45. POL_Call POL_Install_dxdiag
    46. POL_Call POL_Install_dxfullsetup
    47. POL_Call POL_Install_physx
    48. POL_Call POL_Install_corefonts
    49. POL_Call POL_Install_msxml6
    50. POL_Call POL_Install_wininet
    51. POL_Call POL_Install_ie8
    53. #Setting OS wer
    54. Set_OS  "winxp" "sp3"
    56. #Setting mono forcing in MonoDevelop
    57. POL_Wine_OverrideDLL "native, builtin" "mscore"
    58. POL_Wine_OverrideDLL "builtin, native" "dnsapi"
    59. POL_Wine_OverrideDLL "" "mscorsvw.exe"
    61. mkdir -p $WINEPREFIX/drive_c/users/$USER/AppData/LocalLow
    63. #registry
    64. regfile=$(mktemp --suffix=.REG)
    65. echo "REGEDIT4" > $regfile
    66. echo "" >> $regfile
    67. echo "[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\Software\\Microsoft\\Windows NT\\CurrentVersion]" >> $regfile
    68. echo '"ProductId"="12345-oem-0000001-54321"' >> $regfile
    70. POL_Wine regedit $regfile
    72. POL_SetupWindow_browse "Please select the location of the Unity3D setup executable" "$TITLE"
    74. UNITYLOC=$APP_ANSWER
    75. POL_Wine $UNITYLOC
    77. POL_Shortcut "Unity.exe" "$TITLE"
    79. POL_SetupWindow_Close
    80. exit

22. Tomza

Tomza

Thanks for you share. MonoDevelop crashes with the previous script only sometimes. When MonoDevelop crashes, I restart it, and MonoDevelop works great. But yes, you are right, MonoDevelop shouldn't crash. So I see that you solve the problem with MonoDevelop crashes. Many thanks. We need such people to improve our solution.

I noticed the same, but I have no idea how to solve that, either. I'm thinking over this problem, too. I think there's no proper connection to the Unity authentication servers. When you try to use AssetStore from inside Unity3d window, you can give your username and password, but when you try to download any asset, it crashes after some time.

Notice that you always have to write your username and password before downloading an asset from Asset Store from inside Unity3D Editor. But you are logged in because you are using Unity3D. And you have no problems with logging in when you start Unity3D for the first time.

Wine (or PlayOnLinux) is unable to use our username and password to open AssetStore for us. And our username and password are important for using Asset Store. Without them, we can do nothing.

The problem is in Wine (or PlayOnLinux). I think we should make some modifications in the Wine Regedit (registry). To make these modification, we should look at Regedit in Windows registry. Maybe, we could notice what can be changed in the Wine registry.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2014
  23. unhandyandy

unhandyandy

I used the latest script on Gentoo, and it worked on my home but not my office computer. I get the error "Failed to initialize Unity graphics." Could that because my computer is so old?

# lspci | grep VGA
    00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation 82Q35 Express Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 02)

At home I have an nvidia card.

24. Tomza

Tomza

Did your read my tutorial?
    Did you have Mesa installed? Which version? I see you have an Intel graphics card. Please write more.

The latest script? Gnumaru's one?

My graphics card:

lspci | grep VGA
    00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Mobile GM965/GL960 Integrated Graphics Controller (primary) (rev 0c)

Could you run glxinfo?

25. unhandyandy

unhandyandy

I used the script above dated 2014-03-020147 10-21.

I followed the directions on the first page, which are essentially the same as those given on your page. I'm looking your instructions over carefully now but I don't see any real changes till the Win Registry additions.

Code (csharp):
    1. # glxinfo

26. Tomza

Tomza

The most important are:

Code (csharp):
    1. direct rendering: Yes
    and

Code (csharp):
    1. OpenGL vendor string: Intel Open Source Technology Center
    3. OpenGL renderer string: Mesa DRI Intel(R) Q35 x86/MMX/SSE2
    5. OpenGL version string: 2.1 Mesa 10.1.0

Everything is OK. Just like in my system. Your system is ready for 3D rendering. I think you did something wrong during Unity3D installation.

if you used the script on this page (the 9th), I can't say anything because this version hasn't been tested by me yet. I'm moving to other place, so I removed my Unity3D installation. When I am ready, I'll use this script to check it. I trust gnumaru, but his version of the script wasn't tested by me. Could you try the script out in my tutorial (the previous version)?

Do you know that a lot of people are lost trying to use this thread for installing Unity3D on Linux? There are many posts, and they don't know what to do. That's why, I wrote this tutorial. I explained many things. It's not the same for some people. Follow my tutorial step by step and tell me if you still see the error.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2014
  27. unhandyandy

unhandyandy

So I just tried your script #5 and got the same error.

Here are the debug messages:

Code (csharp):
    1. [03/18/14 16:30:14] - Running wine-1.7.14 Unity.exe (Working directory : /home/dabrowsa/.PlayOnLinux/wineprefix/Untity3D/drive_c/Program Files/Unity/Editor)
    2. wine: cannot find L"C:\\windows\\Microsoft.NET\\Framework\\v4.0.30319\\mscorsvw.exe"
    3. symbol.c:282: symt_new_function: Assertion `!sig_type || sig_type->tag == SymTagFunctionType' failed.
    The "symbol.c:282" message seems to be unrelated to the graphics failure, at least it doesn't appear till after I have dismissed the "Failed to initialize Unity graphics!" window. It seems rather to be related to the bug reporting utility that kicks in.

I gather mscorsvw isn't an issue since your script explicitly removes it.

Does it matter whether I restart Win when prompted to, or whether I install the IE8 updates suggested? I've been answering Yes and Yes.

28. Tomza

Tomza

You did correctly answering Yes and Yes.

It's really strange.
    It's seems related to Wine. You 3D graphics is good. You shouldn't have any problems with It. Is your distro Gentoo? If so, could you try other distro. You can see the tested distros in my tutorial. Not all systems can be ready for running Unity3D. I have no idea if somebody has run Unity3D on distro. You said that you ran Unity3D on one computer. Is it Gentoo? Do you have Gentoo on both computers?

Maybe more details about your computer. Not only 3D graphics.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2014
  29. unhandyandy

unhandyandy

Yes, both my computers have gentoo, and unity runs on my home computer but not my office. It may be an odd package I installed on one but not the other, or the difference in hardware, or ...

30. Tomza

Tomza

I think the difference in hardware isn't the problem. Gentoo works with our solution and now we know that. Your graphics is good. You use the tested script and my tutorial step by step. I think the problem can't be related to PlayOnLinux, either, because it's only a graphic interface for Wine and your installation. THE PROBLEM IS IN WINE!!! This error shows that.

31. Tomza

Tomza

I have a new idea.

Do you see something like that? (look below, Attached Images)

I recollected that before creating our solution for running Unity3D on Linux, I tried to start Unity3D on Linux using Windows in a virtualization mode. Alas, the virtualization software was bad for 3D acceleration, and I got this error.

"Failed to initalize unity graphics"

I knew that 3D acceleration didn't work on the virtualization software. That was why, I couldn't start Unity3D that needs 3D virtualization.

In other words, YOU HAVE NO 3D ACCELERATION ON YOUR COMPUTER! I have no idea of why. glxinfo showed you had all what you needed. You have direct rendering (hardware rendering) and Mesa drivers and libraries. But you have Mesa 10.1.0. I used Mesa 10.0.2. It's a stable version. As soon as Mesa 10.1.0 appeared, I upgraded my Mesa to this version. I have only troubles because Mesa 10.1.0 is unstable and I was forced to return to the previous version. Is it possible that the problem is in Mesa? However, you run Unity3D on other computer, and you probably use Mesa 10.1.0.

You said your computer was old? How old is it?

I'm sure that this error shows that you have no 3D acceleration on you computer, but I have no idea of why?

This can be helpful

http://www.slashgames.org/unity3dwithoutgraphics/

It doesn't touch exactly your problem, but says much about 3D acceleration for Unity3D.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2014
  32. unhandyandy

unhandyandy

I believe you're right, this computer has no 3D acceleration. It's about 6 years old.

I tried the instructions at slashgames, that didn't work either.

But thanks for your help, at least we seem to have identified the problem.

33. Tomza

Tomza

Six years? It's a very long time for IT technologies. For example, Linux was unable to use 3D acceleration some time ago. But to be friendly for games, it has to have 3D acceleration implemented. Six years is long for hardware, too. Or maybe some function wasn't turned on in BIOS?

All things on you computer are good for running Unity3D, but you have no 3D acceleration. Unity3D checks if you have 3D acceleration, when it is starting. As soon as it detects you have no 3D acceleration, this error is presented. I know that because some virtualization software have none or poor support for 3D acceleration. And I got the same error. Then, I was able to turn on the 3D acceleration. The error was not presented to me any more, but Unity3D crashed. It was unable to run in virtualization mode successfully. They are still testing this technology. That was why, I started to seek possibilities to run Unity3D on Wine. That's all.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2014
  34. NathanWarden

NathanWarden

For anyone on Manjaro there was a system update today that seems to break Unity on wine due to an alsa-pulseaudio shared library issue. The fix for me was simply to configure the Unity3D container to use the System version of wine instead of 1.7.13 and it seams to still run great.

$Manjaro_POL.png

35. Lugen

Lugen

Hey, thanks a lot for sharing this script!

Unity launched at first try without any hassle. Seems to work well at the moment.

36. Tomza

Tomza

You're welcome! You are another proof that Unitry3D and Linux can cooperate successfully.

37. 3n3low

3n3low

Hi,

i'd just like to inform everyone that script works well in Fedora20_x64 - playonlinux 4.2.2 - all software up to date.

Will try to use different wine versions, and let you guys know.

tnx @Waneck

38. Tomza

Tomza

It's good to read that. I don't see a sense in trying out other Wine versions. We should only use the recent version. That's all. Could you tell me your graphics card and the script version you used instead?

39. Pendrokar

Pendrokar

While the Unity works for me on my Ubuntu 13.10 with an Nvidia card(proprietary drivers), I have this irritating issue of windows inside no refreshing often enough. Sometimes when I check a checkbox, all windows are refreshed and I see the changes, but then I pick a different Game Object, but in the inspector I see the old object until I click or open something.

Also I wonder if it is possible for Wine to sense when Unity does a build and run with the build target set as Linux. That way allowing it to launch the game automatically from the Linux environment.

40. Tomza

Tomza

I use openSuse 13.1, and everything seems OK - no problems with refreshing. This problem was noticed by somebody else. the only solution I know is just changing the distro. He used openSuse 13.1, and it was much better.

I'm not a specialist in Wine, and I don't know.

41. draxdeveloper

draxdeveloper

the script is not working... I execute in playonlinux and nothing happens, it even says that the signature is not valide and asks if i want continue, i say yes and is just that.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2014
  42. Tomza

Tomza

Please more details. Which script? Which distro? Which graphics card? Use my tutorial first. You have the link below.

"the signature is not valid" - don't take it into your consideration. It's not important. Be careful; if you copy the script from my tutorial in Unicode, you will get errors! Go down for the script in plain text. Or find one on this thread.

Alas, the last version of the script isn't tested by me. But i think it works.

43. draxdeveloper

draxdeveloper

i use ubuntu 13.10, i followed your tutorial, i copied the fourth script, i don't know the graphics card since is a onboard one.
    But the problem is that the scrit don't even start

44. Tomza

Tomza

the fourth version? Copied? From my article? No, it's Unicode, that's why you have script with errors. You need the script in plain text. Some characters are different encoded in Unicode and plain text. Go down in my tutorial. Copy the script under:

unity.pol

By Cauê Waneck (waneck-six), Damian Kucharski (Damian-LinuxFan) and Tomasz Zackiewicz (Tomza)

This script should work for you.

Sorry. it's the fifth script, not the fourth. I forgot to change that. My mistake.

I have not tested the sixth script by gnumaru yet. It can work better. To get it in plain text, search on this thread.

45. draxdeveloper

draxdeveloper

no, not working.
    Playonlinux just does nothing... Should i reinstall it?

46. Tomza

Tomza

You cannot install playOnLinux because after downloading you just run the script of PlayOnLinux, and then you see the main window od PlayOnLinux. Please, step by step tell me what are you doing, and what you see.
    1/...
    2/...
    etc.

Maybe some screenshots?

47. draxdeveloper

draxdeveloper

tomorrow i will printscreen, but:
    1 - open playOnLinux
    2 - menu tolls
    3 - execute a local script
    4 - it's open the assistant
    5 - i andvance and it's have the option to navigate
    6 - i navigate and open unity.pol
    7 - i advance, playOnLinux says that don't have a ignatu and asks if i want to continue
    8 - i advance, it's shows the script, and i mark i accept.
    9 - nothing happens, it's just closes the windows that was showing the script and goes back to the main windows...

I can even try to record, but my playOnLinux is on portuguese

48. Tomza

Tomza

And nothing happens? Are you sure? Maybe you should wait somewhat? The script should install some software for you.
    it's really strange!
    everything looks as should.
    tell my if your script for PlayOnLinux has .pol extension? It's important. For example, unity.pol. This can be recognized by PlayOnLinux.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2014
  49. draxdeveloper

draxdeveloper

it's have, but i used notepad to create the file

50. Tomza

Tomza

try to use something from Linux :). The coding can be wrong.

the script is very good, tested by many people in the world. And by me. many times. Now, I'm going to test the gnumaru version (the sixth). Alas, I use OpenSuse on virtual machine.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2014