Search Unity

Unity3D on Linux with Wine: Support thread

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by wnk, Nov 15, 2013.

1. Elijah Lynn

Elijah Lynn

2. deshmane

deshmane

i have install unity3d to above link
    but occur a following problem
    pls give me ans what was problem to my system

Screenshot from 2015-10-17 11:34:06.png

3. Pendrokar

Pendrokar

4. deshmane

deshmane

how to run .pol script on playonlinux
    and tell me about system configuration for unity 3d
    i have using ubuntu 14.04 LTS

5. Sisso

Sisso

`imagine that I wrote a long text about .pol is not unity related, about wine is deprecated over linux version and you can save everyone time searching`

"how to run .pol script on playonlinux" @ google, #3 link:

http://playonlinux.wikia.com/wiki/My_first_script

6. livingHamburger

livingHamburger

7. livingHamburger

livingHamburger

I also get this error trying to open the .deb for any version of the native linux editor

8. gnumaru

gnumaru

Has anyone succeeded in running unity 5.3.0 and above with wine, be it with or without playonlinux?

unity 5.2.4 install and runs fine with wine 1.8 needing only the installation of the microsoft core fonts. But from version 5.3.0 onwards I'm not able to pass the start screen, where one should chose wether to open an existing project or create a new. The installation goes smoothly, but the start screen remains an empty gray screen. It seems exactly like a bug that showed on native windows installations, wich was discussed here:

http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/unity3d-5-3-not-working.372682/

Unfortunately, their solution (to people running unity under windows) was not enough to make it work for me (running it through wine).

for the time being, using the windows version under wine is a lot more stable than using the experimental linux native version, thus it would be more interesting to continue using the most up-to-date unity version under wine while waiting for the native version to reach a slightly more stable state.

As for the native linux editor, there is now a forum session dedicated to it here:

http://forum.unity3d.com/forums/linux-editor-support-feedback-experimental.93/

It would be best if questions regarding the linux native editor be posted there.

9. Tsobrecarey

Tsobrecarey

Hi All,

how do you set the script editor of Unity 5.2.0 that is running using wine with Sublime 2 that is installed on my Ubuntu 14.04.

10. gamesbx

gamesbx

I can't run Unity3d on chrome and firefox? Do you know?