Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Unity3D not opening

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by IndieDude360, Apr 11, 2012.

1. IndieDude360

IndieDude360

Hi, I've never had this problem before within the time I've been using Unity3D and today its suddenly stopped working, I attempted to open Unity3D and it didn't launch, I went into the main folder and tried the .exe there too and that refused to work. So I looked around and added a DEP exception, that didn't work either and I've also changed the compatiblity to Windows XP Service Pack 2 and It didn't work either!

The only thing I can think of that may be causing this problem is that I overclocked my processor recently and added an extra two locked off cores :D I've been receiving excellent performance since this and Unity3D seems to be the only program that is being stubbon and wont launch, perhaps if I underclocked It It would launch but I like having a Quad-Core CPU instead of a Dual-Core one.

Can anybody help me?

2. diablo

diablo

Have you checked the log file?

Is the app running in the application window? Is its process running in the task manager? If so, could it be that Unity is actually up and running and the window is out of the desktop viewable area? This can happen when you go from a multiple monitor setup to one monitor.

3. IndieDude360

IndieDude360

Ah I forgot to mension the process is running and I only have one monitor running, and I've just checked the log file but I don't know what I'm supposed to be looking for.

4. IndieDude360

IndieDude360

Bump.
    After a week I'm still having problems with Unity starting which is really frustrating :(, I know it isn't my processor now so has anyone got a suggestion?

5. ClarkCLK

ClarkCLK

i was having this problem.
    I can run now Unity, only REdownload it and install...

Wong Wong!!

6. jsk5755

jsk5755

7. michaeldionneactonvale

michaeldionneactonvale

Unity 2018 not opening on Windows 7. It opened yesterday when I prepared for the Ubisoft Game Jam at NAD Montreal, now I cannot even launch it. Struggling for 6 hours now trying to just F***ing open it. Thanks for scraping my whole weekend. I bought for over 1500$ in assets and it simply just not open.

8. cakedon

cakedon

f dude
    I found a cool tutorial on multiplayer fps but its using some assets that arent in the new version, so I downloaded unity 4 and it wont boot. reinstalling now