Search Unity

Question Unity3D In-app purchase support for UWP discontinued , any solutions for the future?

Discussion in 'Windows' started by JariHuomo, Oct 3, 2022.

1. JariHuomo

JariHuomo

Since the Unity3D IAP team does not have the skills/interest in supporting UWP in-app purchases in the future I was wondering if there are any unofficial solutions available already?

"Agreed, Microsoft changed the API. Also, the market share for UWP is now less that 2%. We are looking to support other stores on the Windows platform like Steam. Closing this thread, UWP is an old topic." said @JeffDUnity3D https://forum.unity.com/threads/uwp-unity-iap-initialize-failed-without-any-callback.1181431/

2. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

You could always call the Windows IAP APIs directly from your scripts.

JariHuomo likes this.
  3. mpaxman

mpaxman

@Tautvydas-Zilys Are there seriously no plans to update unity IAP so it works for UWP? UWP is still one of the avenues for getting a game on XBox outside of the ID@xbox program. Just saying it seems like an unfortunate decision.

4. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

I don't know, IAP plugin was handled by a completely different team (I work on the core engine myself). @JeffDUnity3D would know for sure, and if he says so it's likely the truth.

5. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Yes, that is currently the case. Unfortunately we don't have the resources.

6. JariHuomo

JariHuomo

IAP team should hire @Tautvydas-Zilys for one week. or probably one weekend would be enough to fix and improve current IAP Plugin :D

JeffDUnity3D likes this.
  7. JariHuomo

JariHuomo