Search Unity

Unity3D game reviewed on Toonami

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by echtolion, Jul 22, 2012.

1. echtolion

echtolion

Last edited: Jul 22, 2012
  2. khanstruct

khanstruct

I was watching Danielle McMillen (wife of Super Meat Boy creator) playing this on TwitchTV today.

3. saymoo

saymoo

shouldn't this been posten in de showcase section? ;)

4. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

don't see how. it's literally... gossip

He's not the creator or anything.

5. saymoo

saymoo

creator or not isn't relevant.
    it is a showcase of some sort (a completed title, not wip) with unity. More sites have this "game" in review appearantly. (although i admit, it sounds too fishy... no official site, no nothing to download etc..)

6. antenna-tree

antenna-tree

It sounds fishy? Why do people like to try and find fault with everything? It's simply a small game that's gone viral over the last couple weeks.

http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/141488-Slender-Beta-0.9

7. Morning

Morning

Slender is a great game. It's surprisingly scary and tense. Very atmospheric.

8. AgentParsec

AgentParsec

I haven't made a site or anything becuase it's not technically finished yet.

This whole 'going viral' thing is really throwing me for a loop... I honestly don't know what to make of it anymore, or what I should do next.

9. Mr.T

Mr.T

My opinion: Formulate a plan to profit from this quickly. Great things like this don't happen often. At least not in my world

And no matter what happens, Congrats on your success!!
    To have ones work appreciated like this is a dream of every game maker or for that matter anyone in the creative field

10. Duskling

Duskling

I don't get it. Everyone is saying it is the scariest game ever.

Has anybody even played Amnesia: The Dark Descent?

11. Morning

Morning

If made longer, I think this game stands very close.

12. Aguy

Aguy

You need to capitalize NOW, while you have the chance. Most people don't get a chance for this kind of viral marketing.

Maybe release that as a mini game or preview then work on something bigger?
    Have to have some ideas.

If you need someone to bounce ideas off of, feel free to PM me.

Assuming that's not you in that youtube video...

13. Mr.T

Mr.T

Speaking only for myself I no longer have the ability to tell how scary a game or movie is

When I was younger, the movie Evil Dead, scared the hell out of me but when I watch it these days, its not scary at all. I think, as I have grown older I have lost the capacity to feel that kind of numbing terror I used to feel when I watched Evil Dead for the first time.

If so many people including IGN are saying that it is truly scary, I will have to take their word for it

14. Darkjayson

Darkjayson

You could team up with some professionals here and try to capitalise on the interest just don't move away from what make your game great.

There are lots of ways you can go about not just the suggestion above just don't do nothing, not many people get this kind of interest in something they made.

15. saymoo

saymoo

I do not! but not having a site up anno 2012 is a NO go.. an reeks for a hoax kind of thing (you know the funny type, not negative). Especially if adult swim and other parody type of groups are paying attention to it. :p (see, just adding numbers here)
    Oh and it's quite hard to get the game..

So, that doesn't feel somehow odd to you? (yes even internet jokes are there among dev's... this could have been one you know... just saying)

But as i see now, it appears to be a serious thing, so you can skip the fishy part in my previous comment.. (back then i didn't know anything about it, and did some basic research... and the above came to mind.. )

16. Aguy

Aguy

The thread that was pointed to has been up for 3 weeks. So it's not like no one knew. Maybe outside of here they didn't....
    But a website is not a necessity, especially when it's not done. Not everything these days has to be on the net. Just 99% of it :)