Search Unity

Unity3d Connect

Discussion in 'Unity Connect' started by Roninxfang, Nov 8, 2017.

1. Roninxfang

Roninxfang

I am very confused how this new system works

Before i would just browse through the Paid/job offers if need to find projects

or post in Job Services my portforlio

but this new system/set up how does it work?

2. N2L

N2L

Same Here

3. Roninxfang

Roninxfang

really confused how this new system works ><

how do i look for freelance paid projects and apply for them?

4. markp-unity

markp-unity

Hey all,

If you're interested in just browsing jobs, head over to connect.unity.com/jobs and then use our filters to select what you're looking for. If you're looking for freelance kind of gigs, use the Job Type and select for TASK.

5. Roninxfang

Roninxfang

what if i am a freelancer and want to post my artworks online so that employers may browse my art? ^^

6. Fera_KM

Fera_KM

As I mentioned at Unite this year, I want a way to search for available freelancers and a way for freelancers to post their services.

7. grizzly

grizzly

In addition to selecting "Task" under Job Type, you might also want to enable "Paid" and "RemoteOK" on the right hand-side to further refine your results.
    You can post work under "Projects" on your profile page.
    Agreed - Similar to the Companies "HIRING" status, integrating some time type of work availability into the system would be extremely useful to be able mark ourselves as available (or not) and for companies to filter users who are actively looking for work and what type of work they're looking.

The main issue that I've noticed throughout Connect however, is that users often do not mark posts precisely so even with filters the wrong stuff usually pops up. More specific tags and little moderation could help here. :)

Last edited: Nov 14, 2017
  8. markp-unity

markp-unity

We are investigating designs to make this way simpler. There are lot of overlaps with this concept and the Asset Store so we are being careful to not just duplicate another service outright without considering how they work together.

Can you be more specific - if you have an exact use case we can look into it - maybe it's some small oversight on our end?

9. grizzly

grizzly

Sure, some observations that spring to mind;
    • Non-paid jobs appearing when "Paid" is active (no payment listed and/or specified as non-paid in descrption)
    • Remote jobs showing when "Remote OK" is inactive (presumably by design, but if it's not OK...)
    • Searching for the term "Artist" returning programming jobs
    • Searching for similar terms such as "developer", "software engineer", "programmer", "programming" etc will usually return different results. Even "Unity" and "Unity 3D" can return different results
    • Searching by term in-place of selecting from any of the drop down menus will usually produce mixed results (type "full time" instead of selecting "Job Type>Full Time" for example)
    • Clicking on a result and then clicking back will reset the page and therefore all previous search terms
    • Company "Hiring" status yet no jobs or tasks listed
    • Messenger posts appearing in the wrong section, such as technical questions being posted in General and job seekers posting in Offering (although this stuff does get moderated, it's leading to clutters of "message deleted" posts)
    There's probably more, but I think you get the gist :)

10. markp-unity

markp-unity

Thanks grizzly!

Some of these look like bugs and some look like suggestions. We'll add to the backlog accordingly! Thanks!

11. grizzly

grizzly

You're welcome!