Search Unity

Unity3d AppStudio

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by motasstudios, Oct 8, 2020.

1. motasstudios

motasstudios

Unity3D is a great platform for Game Development...
    What if Unity3D releases a new product "AppStudio"

to build business applications [not website] which can run on browsers with C#, F#, Python like languages
    a drag and drop "design first code second" approach builder
    to create progressive web apps like flutter, fluxbuilder, powerpoint like interface
    targeting school kids

and a pro edition with built-in editor to extend the application with powerful cloud native application building

2. Ryiah

Ryiah

We're talking way more effort here than merely releasing a new product. Unity would have to build a completely new editor and a completely new engine to run the actual apps as a game engine is not at all suited for that task.

A year ago I would have agreed with you but lately I've been learning Unreal with the expectation that I might be using it in place of Unity thanks to how it has started to go downhill compared to how it was when I first started.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2020
  3. motasstudios

motasstudios

Unity need more man power and $ power
    If Microsoft buys Unity and merges with Xamarin Team. Unity can go to the next level
    [without stopping support to other platforms]

4. MadeFromPolygons

MadeFromPolygons

Your talking about something entirely different. It sounds like you dont need unity at all or want it. If thats what you want, go use unity as a library https://unity.com/features/unity-as-a-library

Also unity does not need more man power or $ power. They just went public, and they have had way too many staff for certain teams and not enough on other teams for ages as it is. What they need to do is continue on the path they are and finish the things that are already in development instead of muddying the water further like you are suggesting. Money and manpower are not going to do anything to helping them get there right now, its just a case of finishing scheduled work and not getting distracted by extra features that could be added but in the long run will add further instability while others are not finished and stable.

Joe-Censored likes this.
  5. neginfinity

neginfinity

That would be stupid. Because there are already frameworks for that. Those frameworks are more powerful than unity.

They don't need more manpower and money. They already have 3 thousand employees.
    They were evaluated to be worth $13 billion.

They do need to get their S*** together though.

If Microsoft buys Unity and merges with Xamarin, most likely unity will simply die and disappear. Reminds me of Adobe acquiring Fuse, in all honesty.

LE-Peter and Joe-Censored like this.
  6. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

Adding the browser as an additional point of failure is a fantastic idea. What could go wrong?

7. neginfinity

neginfinity

Joe-Censored likes this.