Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Unity3D 5.5 on SteamVR, Water reflection incorrect, need help!!!

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by northman, Dec 10, 2016.

1. northman

northman

hello, I just upgrade to Unity5.5, and import Unity Assets, Unity VR samples and SteamVR plugins.
    The unity water with Unity VR demo, I find the water reflection was incorrect.
    2016-12-10-AM_12_31_51.png
    here is the SteamVR screenshot. QQ图片20161210005350.png
    here is the UnityEditor game window screenshot.

I hope Unity fix the water reflection problem or I need help because my project need it.
    Thanks,

S.Z.

2. waffle_maker

waffle_maker

3. Todd-Wasson

Todd-Wasson

Nearly a year later there are still problems with OpenVR and Unity's pro water prefabs. I can't release an update giving Vive support because of it and there appears to be no end in sight. Is this the case or is anyone looking into it? Wish I was smart enough to fix it myself.

ROBYER1 and Aniglobe like this.
  4. Aniglobe

Aniglobe

same problem, my project needs water reflections, please fix ASAP

5. Todd-Wasson

Todd-Wasson

I've got water reflections working correctly in OpenVR and posted about it somewhere, but can't find the thread. From memory: You need to have two cameras in OpenVR and assign one to left eye and one to right eye. What I ended up doing is defaulting the scene with two cameras, then destroying one of them if it was Oculus or regular monitor mode so it didn't end up rendering everything twice. This worked fine, water reflections on Unity's water were correct on Vive with OpenVR SDK, Oculus on Oculus SDK, and regular monitors. You might try searching my posts for it for more info if needed.

ROBYER1 likes this.