Search Unity

Unity3d 5.3 Not working

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Tatsumi-Kun, Dec 8, 2015.

1. Tatsumi-Kun

Tatsumi-Kun

when i open the editor or unity3d the new version that uploaded today not show non of my project them it hust giving me gray screen. not even the sign in screen just gray screen and that's it 35.PNG

beginner5 likes this.
  2. holliebuckets

holliebuckets

Hi @Tatsumi Kun ! There may have been an error with the install. Could you try reinstalling. The installer is now module so be sure to check the appropriate boxes on install :)

3. Tatsumi-Kun

Tatsumi-Kun

yeah i reinstall it and it give me the same problem

4. Tatsumi-Kun

Tatsumi-Kun

remember i am still using window 7

5. Tatsumi-Kun

Tatsumi-Kun

did you guy fix the error with the installer what you mean by module

beginner5 likes this.
  6. Ascenso

Ascenso

I'm also getting the same problem. please give me some solutions.

lightpony101 and beginner5 like this.
  7. pestantium

pestantium

Same here. I think some problem on servers.

8. indieufo

indieufo

same problem, does anyone have a solution? I am stuck can't do any development, also using Windows7, 32 bits

lightpony101 and beginner5 like this.
  9. Kenn_Ethic

Kenn_Ethic

I'm also having this problem.

I've been trying to update my Unity to 5.3 today, but after every installment I ended up with this problem. I even tried to uninstall and reinstall but the problem is still there. I wasted my whole day waiting for everything to download and now I'm really lost and don't know what to do.

10. pestantium

pestantium

Problem still exist

Reinstall - didn't help
    Unity.exe -projectpath D:\PathToProject - didn't help
    Remove c:\ProgramData\Unity\Unity_v5.x.ulf - didn't help
    UnityDownloadAssistant-5.3.0f4.exe "SendRequest Error... 5.3/0f4-win.ini" - Some Servers still unreachable?

11. OldUnityFool

OldUnityFool

I have the same problem on my Windows 10 32bit. But it works on my Windows 7 64bit!
    May be a 32bit problem.
    But for me there is a Workaround:
    Right-Click on unity in the TASKBAR and i can see the last edit filesand start them!
    But i hope, there will be a better solution!

ColdMud and Yash987654321 like this.
  12. pestantium

pestantium

Thank you.

You can start Unity by double click on scene file. It work.

ColdMud likes this.
  13. forthebirds

forthebirds

I was also faced with this problem.
    After it was wandering a few hours forum and looking for a solution, I found it.
    It is simply to start it with the following command-line options.

-projectPath <path of existing project>
    -createProject <any path>

You can skip the project selection screen in this way. I recorded it in the desktop shortcut.
    This is an effective method, but it's a short-term workaround. I hope that the patch release that this bug has been eliminated will be published soon.

14. Schubkraft

Schubkraft

Unity Technologies

15. Kenn_Ethic

Kenn_Ethic

Yes it works, but my saved Canvas UI elements are missing from my scene so I cant trust this method yet.

EDIT: Okay double-clicking the scene file opens the editor but not the file itself, you have to open the scene file in the editor to open it. BUT, all script components are missing from their respective GameObjects.

I don't still trust this current situation and this version, My scenes' gameobjects have lost their scripts and I find it tedious to manually redo all of them.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2015
  16. Yash987654321

Yash987654321

Same boat :(

17. Kenn_Ethic

Kenn_Ethic

I will just reinstall back to the previous version that I was working in so I can continue my work.

18. PerunCreative

PerunCreative

How did you reinstall to previous version? I can't find any link to previous version of Unity :(

19. Yash987654321

Yash987654321

I managed to run Unity thanks @OldUnityFool but not I cannot sing-in for using services :( When I click sign-in button it takes me to the project screen again and then in my console there is this error:

Error loading file:///C%3A%2FUsers%2Fadmin%2FAppData%2FRoaming%2FUnity%2FPackages%2Fnode_modules%2Funity-editor-home%2Fdist/index.html#/login

It looks like there is a file missing! I don't know what the heck are/is node modules so can anyone help? Thanks :D

Moukiyama likes this.
  20. Kenn_Ethic

Kenn_Ethic

I still have the installer which is the 5.1 version though. I hope it will install.

21. PerunCreative

PerunCreative

22. Kenn_Ethic

Kenn_Ethic

Okay, I made a mistake while working on my scene the last time i saved it that made every GameObject lost their scripts. I had compiler errors in some scripts that prevent all other scripts to load in their gameObjects upon startup. So I guess it's a safe workaround on this issue.

23. OldUnityFool

OldUnityFool

Sorry for my previous post! But the workaround isn´t a workaround.
    Okay, you can open a scene. But you can´t open a project in the editor or createa new project and so on!
    Sorry!

24. Yash987654321

Yash987654321

SOLVED! I managed to solve the whole issue!!!! To do this first go to C:\Users\admin\AppData\Roaming\Unity\Packages\node_modules\unity-editor-home and then create a new folder named "dist" (without inverted commas) then copy everything you have in C:\Users\admin\AppData\Roaming\Unity\Packages\node_modules\unity-editor-home to the new made "dist" folder and you are ready to use 5.3!!!!!

25. Kenn_Ethic

Kenn_Ethic

All it needed was a "dist" folder for it to be able to display and open the existing projects and able to create new ones?

26. Yash987654321

Yash987654321

Yeah and for signing for using services. I figures it out but the strange "℅2Fdist" line after "unity-editor-home" in console. I noticed that before each sub folder there is "%F2" so i created a sub folder and copied ever thing in it! I was desperate for using services window which required login :p

bpostalci likes this.
  27. Kenn_Ethic

Kenn_Ethic

I see, I'll try to update to 5.3 again to see if it works, so that we can have a concrete fix. Right now I'm back in 5.1, just newly installed. Currently It doesn't have "node_modules\unity-editor-home" inside the C:\Users\admin\AppData\Roaming\Unity\Packages folder, probably because it's an old version.

28. LilyVale

LilyVale

same problem but I am using windows10

29. Lertmind

Lertmind

I found packages unityeditor-cloud-hub-0.0.1.tgz and unity-editor-home-0.0.7.tgz in C:\Program Files\Unity\Editor\Data\Resources\Packages. Create folders node_modules\unityeditor-cloud-hub and node_modules\unity-editor-home in C:\Users\%user_name%\AppData\Roaming\Unity\Packages\. Extract dist and package.json from unityeditor-cloud-hub-0.0.1.tgz into unityeditor-cloud-hub, dist and package.json from unity-editor-home-0.0.7.tgz into unity-editor-home. It's work.:) Thanks, Yash987654321!

30. LazyDog_Rich

LazyDog_Rich

miraclestar and Gulgulhun like this.
  31. Kenn_Ethic

Kenn_Ethic

Thank you it really works! At first after I installed the 5.3 it still didn't have the node_modules folder. I followed your instructions and my Unity works now!

fr1550n likes this.
  32. indieufo

indieufo

Yea! I followed Lertmind's insrtuction, worked perfect, thanks!

33. paintingMist

paintingMist

Thanks, Lertmind! It worked for me too!

34. Nikola310

Nikola310

Not working..I have no unityeditor-cloud-hub-0.0.1.tgz file in my computer.

35. LazyDog_Rich

LazyDog_Rich

36. Volcanic-Penguin

Volcanic-Penguin

Thanks, it worked!

37. Tatsumi-Kun

Tatsumi-Kun

well after I install window 10 it start working good for me but I don't know about you guys on win 7

38. Nikola310

Nikola310

Uhh..I've made a folder called "node_modules" in C/Users/user/AppData/Roaming/Unity/Packages.
    I've made two folders inside the "node_modules" folder, one is "unityeditor-cloud-hub" and the other one is "unity-editor-home".Inside the "unityeditor-cloud-hub" folder is the "unityeditor-cloud-hub-0.0.1.tgz" file, and inside the "unity-editor-home" folder is another folder called "dist", and in the "dist" folder is the "unity-editor-home-0.0.7.tgz" file. Still isn't working. Help?

39. Yash987654321

Yash987654321

I guess .tgz in an archive file. EXTRACT IT!. Make sure you have something like "index.HTML" in dist folder

40. Nikola310

Nikola310

I extracted both "unityeditor-cloud-hub-0.0.1.tgz" and "unity-editor-home-0.0.7.tgz" twice and then they "became" a folder with dist in it and assets and other stuff. Where do I put the two folders?

41. Yash987654321

Yash987654321

Try just extracting Unity home 0.0.7 and then move everything extracted to dist folder and make sure the dist folder is in C:/Users/admin/AppData/Roaming/Unity/Packages/node_modules/unity-editor-home

Notice "admin" in Users directly. Its how it worked for me!

42. Nikola310

Nikola310

Oh,thank you so much! Putting the stuff in dist( and not having packages with dist in it ) worked! Thank you :)

43. richardh

richardh

I just downloaded 5.3.0 and had the same problem with the grey loading screen just hanging. However, I've not got ANY of thoe files and directories mentioned in the thread above. I installed onto my E drive like I've done with earlier versions of Unity (they all worked) but this version has not worked. Like I say, I've search for the stated directories but can't find them. When I installed it said that the temp files needed to install will be deleted after installation. Is this why I can't find them?

thanks

44. Yash987654321

Yash987654321

If not try using unity 5.1's Home files (Not sure it it will work) Go to folder unity 5.1 is installed Editor/Data/resources/home and copy everything their into the dist folder (It may work :p)
    BTW see in both C:/Users/admin/AppData/Unity/packages/
    and
    C:/Users/YOUR_USER_NAME/AppData/Unity/packages
    Edit- It looks like @Shioo have provided the files in one of the above post!

45. nithic

nithic

I followed the steps you guys mentioned but the problem is not solved.It shows the same background.I downloaded it in D drive and how to copy both the files in D folder please help.
    Actually I downloaded in d driver and for copying that folder into c driver I don't have roaming folder in users in c drive.Are I need to copy any file.Please tell

Last edited: Dec 12, 2015
    richardh likes this.
  46. -lt

-lt

THIS WORKS!!!
    This method works for the blank screen issue.

47. nithic

nithic

But the problem is I downloaded in d drive and I dont know where to extract this two file.Thats why I am confused

48. nithic

nithic

Or I want to copy all the files in d drive to c dive program files will it help

49. Yash987654321

Yash987654321

C:\Users\YOUR_USER_NAME\AppData\Unity\Packages\node_modules\unity_editor_home\dist

Extract unity editor home007.tgz there

50. richardh

richardh

Funnily enough, I installed 5.3.0 onto my external hard drive which gives the blank gray on my PC which uses win 7. I plugged the hard drive into my son's PC (also win 7) and it loads fine !

not sure what the difference is between the two PC apart from son's PC is more modern and faster but the OS is win7 as is mine