Search Unity

Unity3D 4.3 problem on Macbook Pro Retina

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by ammar26, Nov 14, 2013.

1. ammar26

ammar26

I stepped into iOS Game Dev from Android recently and bought a new Macbook Pro Retina Display, installed Unity 3D 4.3 yesterday and find out its not supporting retina display. I get fuzzy and blur fonts and icons in Unity 3D, Retina MacBooks were launched year ago and still I'm surprised to find out there is no support for Retina Displays yet (guessing the number of iOS developers on Unity3D is quite large).

If anyone knows a solution, please let me know. Its hard to work like this. I'm also attaching a screenshot

$Screen Shot 2013-11-14 at 11.21.59 am.png

Thanks

Last edited: Nov 14, 2013
  2. Gord10

Gord10

I get an "Invalid Attachment specified" error on your attachment, so I can't see the problem.

Have you tried setting the texture type option to GUI? It's a critical import setting to display 2D GUI elements properly. $unity.JPG

3. ammar26

ammar26

I've updated the attachment.

I'm talking about the fonts and other blurry icons in Unity 3D, looks like Unity 3D is not working out very well with retina display resolution. Anyone knows a fix ?

4. DanielQuick

DanielQuick

There is no fix, the only thing you can do to improve it is to change to a scaled resolution for extra space (making everything smaller and less noticeable).

I've been working with Unity on the Retina Macbook Pro ever since it was introduced and I've gotten used to it. I certainly wouldn't mind if they added support though!

5. cenkkaragoz

cenkkaragoz

I have same problem with version 4.3.4 which I downloaded yesterday. there should be a fix!