Search Unity

Unity3D 4.0.0f7 Release Notes?

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by agentsmith, Nov 13, 2012.

1. agentsmith

agentsmith

2. Bluestrike

Bluestrike

Would like to know the release notes as well :)

3. Tiles

Tiles

Same here. I have a showstopper bug here, i cannot update my project. All controller.isGrounded lines makes trouble, and throws a null reference exception. And would like to know if this is caused by a new feature or if it is really a bug.

4. UnLogick

UnLogick

RC 7 is in private Beta, you're looking at the public release notes that only covers the public RC 5. The correct forum for this would be the beta mailing list. The correct link to the RC 7 release notes is next to the link for the beta download.

The link inside Unity is always pointing to the latest stable release which is at present 3.5.6.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2012
  5. Bluestrike

Bluestrike

I do not have acces to the beta as far as I know.
    So the public version auto updater is not suposed to give us these new builds? :)
    Or I was granted acces because I reporded a few bugs?

6. Don-Gray

Don-Gray

Somewhat Off Topic:

Saturday (I think) I received notice in the Editor 4.0.0f6 that an update 4.0.0f7 was available.
    I clicked the link that opened when choosing to download the version, downloaded and got 4.0 beta7.
    Not looking carefully, I installed it and ran into licensing issues, having just moved from windows 7 to 8 and changing my computer name.
    After receiving an email, that turned into multiple emails, it was discovered I had beta 7, not 4.0.0f7 installed.
    Once I went back to 4.0.0f6 and authorization on the newly named machine, I am back up.
    Now if only I could resolve my Max 2013 installation issue.

7. Tiles

Tiles

I am not in private Beta. And the file i have downloaded is called UnitySetup_update-4.0.0f7.exe

In fact this thread is about the f7, not the Beta 7

By the way there is still the problem with the controller.isGrounded and the null reference exception. Could somebody please finally tell me if this is caused by a new feature or if it is a bug that needs to be reported? I hate to be ignored all the time. And it is a showstopper.

Attached Files:

8. Eric5h5

Eric5h5

Volunteer Moderator Moderator

You should just use the bug reporter (and make sure to include a simple repro project). If it's not a bug, then it will be closed.

--Eric

9. Tiles

Tiles

Thanks Eric,

I just want to know it it is worth to isolate the problem, because this costs my time.

When it`s a changing in the api or a already know issue then i would do this work for the birds. And costs Unity`s time too then. And that`s what i try to find out. A list of changings between version 3.5 and 4 would be a big help here.