Search Unity

Unity3d 2019.2.5f1 and 2019.3.0b3 on Manjaro XFCE not Exiting after Android successful build

Discussion in 'Linux' started by ZliVuk, Sep 13, 2019.

1. ZliVuk

ZliVuk

After making successful build for Android (apk works) everything works except exiting application (File/Exit or Close). Editor installed via Unity Hub 2.1.1 AppImage. After Editor is Kill-ed from taskmanager there are no side effects as far as I can see. Next launch of Editor with same project works like a charm.
    If there was no build procedure while working with Editor exit from application work as it should.
    Using external official Android SDK from Android Studio.
    Using external signing keystore.
    I think that this bug appeared first time on 2019.2.* build

Update 1:
    Same thing happens with new, blank, Project created in 2019.2.5.
    When testing this I realized that Exit from Editor is not possible after viewing Publishing settings for Project. Building is not causing this bug.

Update 2:
    Same happens in 2019.3.0b3 after successful Android Build on new clean Project. Editor will not Exit/Close unless Killed from Taskmanager

Update 3:
    Same scenario on 2019.1.14f1 using External keystore, blank 2D project, after successful apk build Exit/Close does not work, app becomes unresponsive and only kill from taskmanager works.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2019
  2. ZliVuk

ZliVuk

This is what is killed when Unity3D wont close peacefully after successful Android apk build
    Problem exists with new 2019.2.6f1 build.

Attached Files:

3. Kruemelchen

Kruemelchen

I have the same issue, also Manjaro XFCE. It also was a bit tricky to get android sdk working at all. I had to use the sdk I downloaded via Android Studio and manually setting both paths in the editor. Tthe NDK path pointed to the installed unity's ndk component directory.

4. ZliVuk

ZliVuk

Yeah, I had similar issues and sorted everything by using (external) Android Studio SDK and had some issues with Editor UI on previous builds with paths. Now everything works like a charm except that Exit/Close issue. Not too much of a trouble and most likely it has to do with Manjaro and XFCE but I would like to solve it.

5. ZliVuk

ZliVuk

Oh yeah, also apk could not be created/signed/installed with Editor developer keystore so I had to create new/custom one. This is also very minor workflow issue.

6. ZliVuk

ZliVuk

And definitely opening Player settings/Publishing also in some cases make Editor not responsive to Close/Exit and killing it from Task manager is a must.

7. ZliVuk

ZliVuk

On 2019.3.0f the issues is fixed.