Search Unity

Unity3d 2018.2.4f1 automatically switching VR SDK to None in playerSettings at random

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by Unlimited_Energy, Feb 17, 2019.

1. Unlimited_Energy

Unlimited_Energy

Im having major issues all of a sudden where unity is automatically re ordering my SDK priority in player settings. I have it set to Oculus then openVR then none and all of a sudden after building in VR for months, its decided to randomly change the SDK order from oculus or openvr to None. Did a HTC vive update cause this issue within unity? This is a major pain in the ass while im trying to develop in Unity and constantly hittin g play and about every 40 minutes of development its deciding to display no image on my HTC vive and I keep finding that the Player settings VR SDK is set to None again some how.

2. EdBlais

EdBlais

Unity Technologies

The only scenario that I'm aware of the list reordering after the user has manually changed it is if the Editor crashes. ie: You open the editor, the list is none, openvr, occulus. You change the list to occulus, openvr, none. You don't close the Editor (even after many hours) and eventually the editor crashes. When you open the Editor again, the list will be back to none, openvr, occulus.

The list cannot be reordered during play mode either, so unless you are running into the above situation, the only thing that I can think might be causing this would be if you are using source control and are reverting the PlayerSettings.asset file after modifying the VR SDK list.

Unlimited_Energy likes this.