Search Unity

[Unity3] Android Game Won't Publish!

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by SpikeX, Jul 31, 2010.

1. SpikeX

SpikeX

After making a quick and dirty app worthy of the Android Marketplace, I tried to publish my .apk file to the Android Market website and got this error:

Code (csharp):
    1. Market does not accept apks signed with the debug certificate. Create a new certificate that is valid for at least 50 years.
    2. Market requires that the certificate used to sign the apk be valid until at least October 22, 2033. Create a new certificate.
    Does this just mean I can't publish games when Unity is in beta (Did they disable self-signing of APKs?), or is this a bug?

I'd like to be able to publish my games on the Marketplace... I can do everything else perfectly (including building directly to my cell phone - awesome!), and I'm loving Unity 3 + Android, I just can't share what I've made with everyone else and it's making me sad. :(

2. SpikeX

SpikeX

I feel like I'm one of only a few people that really care about Unity Android, let alone someone who could help with an issue like this (it's less than 500 people so far, anyway).

Since noone here or on UA seems to have any idea, I posted a bug report. It's case number #368214.

If anyone has any ideas, or if you have created an .apk via Unity and successfully published it to the Android Marketplace, either way, please respond. Being left in the dark sucks. :(

3. antenna-tree

antenna-tree

Unity Android is still pre-alpha software so there are still a lot of things to iron out. That being said there has been a couple of apps put up on the Android Marketplace using Unity so it is possible. Anyway, I'll assign your bug to the proper person here.

4. SpikeX

SpikeX

Thank you, and that's good to know as well, I must be doing something wrong in that case. I'll keep toying around with it to see if I can come up with anything, but it's hard when I don't know how Unity signs the packages. :p

5. Claytonious

Claytonious

We're just finishing debugging on Android within the next few days, so please share any answers you find here - it would be much appreciated!

And BTW, I was shocked at how easy it was to get up and running on Android! The first time I published an apk and ran it on the device - with only a couple of VERY minor code changes - well, I "soiled me armour" on the spot.

6. Lostlogic

Lostlogic

Does anyone know how to get the non-pro android license to test the beta with? I have the iPhone license but not the android one yet.

7. Dreamora

Dreamora

Android at the time is in alpha / pre alpha from what mentioned and only Android Pro is offered right now.

non-pro was mentioned to happen later, if we are lucky during beta, otherwise for the release of android

8. bspires

bspires

SpikeX,
    That message is not specific to Unity projects at all. It has to do with creating a keystore for your project and signing it. It's a common issue among new Android devs. Google it for a fix and you'll be on the market in no time.