Search Unity

Bug Unity! you are not UNITY your are Diversity

Discussion in 'Unity Ads & User Acquisition' started by mfatihbarut, Feb 28, 2023.

1. mfatihbarut

mfatihbarut

Do you know what you are famous for?
    By smashing something on his way with enthusiasm and then not being able to keep order in any of them (like you do with 3 render paths)...
    Look at the picture below. YOU HAVE 3 DIFFERENT ADS packages! And whenever you install one of them it says "This will be deprecated use the other one" And when I installed the last package do you know what happened? It also said "I am not the right one, use the IronSource pack because we united with them and our other packages will be deprecated in the future" It is really not possible to understand your policy therefore as I said You are not Unity. Because Unity means "Getting together (Unite) on the Universal mind and absolute truth" Unity does not mean losing your way in dreams and desires and making your followers suffer. I swear God even as a tiny programmer and a one-man Indie game developer I would solve that problem with 5 lines of code "Show the advertisement and hide it" that is it. But obviously, you write your codes not in C# but Chinese. I was never able to solve your ADS sdks... You really should learn to "Do your job behind the scenes" and only reflect "The best results / options" to your clients instead of burdening them with the tasks that you need to do yourself."
    upload_2023-2-28_7-27-0.png

2. Barb-Unity

Barb-Unity

Unity Technologies

Hi!

We apologize for the confusion caused here.

Unity Mediation is currently being sunsetted, thus we're encouraging users to use LevelPlay instead. Customers currently using Mediation can continue using it, however, we are not allowing new users to onboard with Mediation. This is why all of these packages still exist - to accommodate both new and older Unity users.

Hope this clears things up at least a little bit. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

3. mfatihbarut

mfatihbarut

Could you please just tell us?
    What to do now?
    If I want to add Unity Advertisement to monetize my game,
    In the simplest way which way I should follow safely...

4. Barb-Unity

Barb-Unity

Unity Technologies

You can use LevelPlay through Unity Dashboard. To see Unity LevelPlay in your dashboard, you need to add ironSource Mediation as a mediation partner when setting up your project. Please click here for more information: https://unity.com/unity-ads-ironsource (NOTE: Please follow all instructions carefully during the Unity LevelPlay setup).

If you have any more questions or if any issues come up while setting up LevelPlay, please let us know.

5. enhawk

enhawk

@Barb-UnityAds

hi I set up Levelplay perfectly, no errors, everything builds fine, ad networks are in place.

however, until my Ironsource account is approved, I can’t show ads or even test ads. Levelpay returns an error code of “empty waterfall”.

any advice is appreciated! The FAQ says we can run levelplay without an approved ironsource account but this doesn’t seem to be the case.

I contacted Ironsource and they have several criteria before my account is approved. Until I do that, I can’t run test ads on device or ads from other networks. Is this normal? We need to be approved by Ironsource to use Levelplay?

I made a thread about the issue in the Levelplay forum, not sure who to reach out to here. Ironsource say I need to have an approved Ironsouce account to use Levelplay. https://forum.unity.com/threads/cant-show-any-ads-with-levelplay-including-test-ads.1406455/

Last edited: Mar 3, 2023
  6. dave_oak

dave_oak

Hi @hawken

What are the criteria? We're waiting on account approval but haven't been told what we need to do to achieve it.

Thanks!