Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Unity with Mirage Solo Lenovo VR glasses

Discussion in 'VR' started by Akeold, Mar 5, 2019.

1. Akeold

Akeold

Hi all,

First of all, I have to say that I have no experience with Unity and VR glasses by now, but I'm thinking to buy the Mirage Solo VR glasses from Lenovo (daydream) and I would like to ensure that I'm able to program it with Unity.
    So a glasses + Unity software. Is that all what I need to develop and test a project?

Thanks.

2. JoeStrout

JoeStrout

Yes, that will work (though I would strongly recommend Oculus Go over DayDream).

Akeold likes this.
  3. Akeold

Akeold

Thanks Joe. Why you recommend me Oculus Go over DayDream? could you give me more details? I see Oculus Go are more cheap...An expert company told me that DayDream has all included, trackers, disk...etc, is the same case for Oculus or do I have to buy something more?

4. JoeStrout

JoeStrout

Oculus Go is a much larger and more active community. I know a fair number of devs there who have moved to it from DayDream. I don't have any experience with DayDream myself, but what I hear from those guys is, they've pretty much given up on it — I think they feel it was a dead end.

Oculus Go includes everything you need (I'm not sure what you mean by trackers and disk; Go has no need of those). It comes in two versions, 32GB and 64GB; the 32GB ($200) version is perfectly fine for development.

The Go is only 3DOF, and only a single controller; but very soon the Quest will appear, which is essentially the same hardware but 6DOF, with two 6DOF controllers. I expect this will rapidly dominate the market, even eating most of Vive and Rift's lunch. But the best way to prepare for that is to start with Go.

Akeold likes this.
  5. Akeold

Akeold

OK, thanks. And what about Unity license? which kind of unity license do you recommend me? as I said I'm just starting with VR and my idea is to create an industrial demo project.

6. JoeStrout

JoeStrout

The free (Personal) license is fine unless it's work for a company that makes over $100k per year directly from Unity software. In that case, you'd need the Pro license.

Akeold likes this.
  7. Akeold

Akeold

Good, many thanks for supporting me.

JoeStrout likes this.