Search Unity

1. If you have experience with import & exporting custom (.unitypackage) packages, please help complete a survey (open until May 15, 2024).
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Unity will not launch after subscription auto-renew

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Crossbreed, Dec 1, 2020.

1. Crossbreed

Crossbreed

I try to launch Unity and it just doesnt open. I look at the log and it looks like the license expired.

So why does the HUB refuse to open so I can fix this easily? I have the license prepaid and it has already successfully auto renewed. But the old license prevents the hub from even *opening* to fix the issue?

This is absurd. I assume this isn't intentional. If there is a way to avoid this in the future please let me know.

Log also says "Licenses updated successfully" but I dont know what that means because I can see online that my license renewed and is up-to-date for my profile, but I still cant open the hub nor the editor.

Log:

Code (CSharp):
    1. [Licensing::Module] Channel doesn't exist: "LicenseClient-cross"
    2. [Licensing::Module] Successfully launched the LicensingClient (PId: 9540)
    3. [Licensing::Module] Successfully connected to LicensingClient on channel: "LicenseClient-cross" (connect: 0.99s, validation: 0.11s, handshake: 1.27s)
    4. [Licensing::Module] Connected to LicensingClient (PId: 9540, launch time: 0.01, total connection time: 2.37s)
    5. Entitlement-based licensing initiated
    6. [LicensingClient] Licenses updated successfully
    8. LICENSE SYSTEM [2020121 15:27:21] Unity license has expired. Please re-activate new license.
    9. Current license is invalid and cannot be activated. You must delete the license file and then activate a new license on current machine.
    10. (Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Platforms/Windows/Modules/LicensingLegacy/WinILicensingAdapter.cpp Line: 62)
    12. Exiting without the bug reporter. Application will terminate with return code 0

2. Mauri

Mauri

3. Crossbreed

Crossbreed

Thank you for the help, but HUB does not open at all. That is the issue.

4. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

Did you try what the message says to do?

5. Crossbreed

Crossbreed

I did, and it worked.

My larger issue is why doesnt the HUB open with this issue so I can fix it with the GUI as opposed to hunting down files on an annual basis. I assume there is some way to do this automatically, or failing that get the HUB to open and fix it there?