Search Unity

1. If you have experience with import & exporting custom (.unitypackage) packages, please help complete a survey (open until May 15, 2024).
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Question Unity, why do you enforce the use of the Hub?

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by luispedrofonseca, Dec 5, 2022.

1. luispedrofonseca

luispedrofonseca

The Unity Hub is such a bloated and annoying app that I (and many others) try to stay away from it as far as we can. This led me to find multiple solutions to circumvent it. The best one I found is the Unity Hub Native - a simple and blazingly fast Unity project opener and editor installer. It works beautifully, however the official Unity Hub is so intrusive that it manages to launch itself every time a new project is opened.
    If I move or rename the official Hub app, then it doesn't happen anymore, until I have to open it again for some reason and then it seems to "learn" its new path/name and it starts launching automatically again.
    Can someone from Unity please explain why do they enforce the use of the Hub when it's seemingly doing nothing?

2. AlDSouza

AlDSouza

Tried this ... this would be so awesome if the sign-in option still worked in the editor....

I have a guess on how the sign-in option stopped working in the editor - but I'm going to leave it to someone from Unity to state it officially (or have they?)