Search Unity

Unity Web Player Revisions Question

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by SixSicSix, Jun 5, 2015.

1. SixSicSix

SixSicSix

I keep getting this error message when trying to update Unity Web Player for IE9, it reads

"Unity Web Player update finished, but installed revision (5006002) is less than required revision (5018001) Please reinstall."

If i reinstall same error message is displayed.

2. Graham-Dunnett

Graham-Dunnett

Administrator

If you uninstall check that there is no longer any web players in user accounts, nor system areas. Reboot, then download and install the latest version and see what happens.

3. SixSicSix

SixSicSix

I've done as you requested yet the problem remains. this happens with both IE and Firefox!
    Could my connection speed be causing this issue? My ISP (Verizon) is really slow when it come to "High" Speed Internet \ DSL.

Another question, Is there any other mirror sites where i can manually download the correct revision of the player. And do the Game Devs modify the Webplayer for their specific needs cause im almost sure the download location the game redirects to is not a unity page. I copied the link once using console and it linked to a .cab file which i downloaded but couldn't install for lack of know how!

4. Graham-Dunnett

Graham-Dunnett

Administrator

We use a CDN solution (Akamai, if my memory is correct) to host the download for us around the world. If the link you have isn't obviously a Unity one, then it should be an akamai one. If it doesn't look official, then somethings going badly wrong.

I just downloaded the PC web player installer from http://unity3d.com/webplayer/. I then did an md5 hash, and got:

MD5 (UnityWebPlayer.exe) = a53761c54221eecea9421aecd225f9d5

It's probably worth checking you get the same.