Search Unity

Unity Web Player Not Working

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Mobetta, May 12, 2015.

1. Mobetta

Mobetta

Hi. I've been trying to play games on Miniclip.com (specifically AdVenture Capitalist) and I have consistently been getting a message reading, "Error launching Unity Player." Below it shows two links: "Error details" and "Install Manually." When I click "Error Details," it tells me that it's "Failed to load Unity dll." I've searched for possible solutions and none of them have worked. I've tried uninstalling and it wont allow me to do so. I've tried installing both UnityWebPlayerFull.exe and UnityWebPlayer.exe and neither of them did anything. I've updated all my drivers and retried all of the above to no avail. I have some un-updated Windows files(Windows 7) so I'm going to try that next. If anyone knows of a proper fix, please help.

Thank you.

2. Aurore

Aurore

Director of Real-Time Learning

3. Mobetta

Mobetta

I have fixed it! I don't have Chrome, but Firefox instead. My browser has been having problems updating lately(which I've tried so hard to find a fix for). I was going to uninstall and reinstall the latest version when I tried to run it as Administrator as a last resort. I went to the Help Menu and selected About Firefox where it automatically upgraded to the latest version. Because I ran Firefox as Admin it installed it successfully(unlike before). You may not have helped directly but you gave me the idea that it could be my browser.

Thank you!

4. SixSicSix

SixSicSix

I've been having the "failed to update" issue and the only fix was to download the webplayer provided in the new version of Unity 5. That fixed my loading game issue but now i have a problem with the console within the Dev Build of that web player. It continues to pop up every 4 seconds and i cant seem to figure out how to stop that from happening. It's annoying but at least i can play my games again. I went 3 weeks with no help from Unity or Wyrmbytes the game Dev.

5. Schubkraft

Schubkraft

Unity Technologies

Try deselecting the "Development" channel which should disable the dev console.

6. SixSicSix

SixSicSix

where is that option at? remember i only installed the webplayer not unity5

7. Schubkraft

Schubkraft

Unity Technologies

go to unity3d.com/webplayer/setup there is a cache admin widget. ALT+right-click on that and then under Channels at the bottom deselect Development.

8. SixSicSix

SixSicSix

Problem with that awesome info is i get the "failed to update message again" if i remove the check from development! Why is this such a nightmare? Does a 5.0 version of the player not exist? To be honest the game is not worth the head ache!
    By removing the check from the development channel it reverts the player back to Ver. 4.5.5f1 I need Ver.5.0.1f1

Last edited: May 13, 2015