Search Unity

1. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Question Unity waterfall tips to improve ecpm

Discussion in 'Unity Ads & User Acquisition' started by rbitard, Jul 16, 2023.

1. rbitard

rbitard

A few month ago while using unity mediation I was unhappy about the ecpm I got which was trash. An awesome unity staff approched me and told me to make multiple adunits in my waterfall following a high, mid, low ecpm floor. (e.g. 15/10/5$ ad units).
    My question is, will I hurt my ecpm if I make more ad units ? for example 5 more ad units with in between ecpm values ? (15/14/13/12/11/10/......) or is it acceptable ?
    how much and what values should I use ?
    Thanks in advance

2. Yasuyuki

Yasuyuki

Unity Technologies

Yes and No. It's a little difficult to answer, I can't tell the right and comprehensive advice for all cases.

Adding a new placement with a new floor price is worth trying. However, if the floor price difference is very small, cannibalization may occur between placements.

Alternatively, another option is to use the bidding instance with LevelPlay instead of the waterfall.
    https://docs.unity.com/monetization-dashboard/en-us/manual/bidding-in-levelplay

3. rbitard

rbitard

Thanks for the reply !
    I'll try but with enough difference between them then !
    Right now I'm using admob and they don't have bidding yet (I hope they will one day as it's easier to set up when you have multiple games)