Search Unity

Unity wants to learn about your experience and needs creating Lobby for multiplayer games (Survey)

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by hamilton_unity, Mar 22, 2021.

1. hamilton_unity

hamilton_unity

Unity Technologies

Hello!
    Unity wants to learn about your experience and needs creating Lobby experiences for multiplayer games. If you have done so or are in the process of creating a Lobby, please share your experiences via this brief survey.

Learnings from this survey will help Unity understand how to better support developers creating Lobby experiences for their games.
    Thank you!

2. Foestar

Foestar

I started to fill it out but got tired of repetitive questions. I also don't have much faith in Unity's ability to supply or support multiplayer as their competitors do. I don't think many people do for that matter. Not trying to be negative, as I love Unity and have for many years despite its short comings.

I just don't think this survey will help all that much and was too much like filling out an application. lol

X3doll, Vaupell and Ruchir like this.
  3. roka

roka

Yeah, stay focused on the engine , we have see what you have do in term of multiplayer and ...... you must stop losing time on this. It's boring to see abandoned stuff ......
    Other companies do it and will continue to do it better than you, so stop running behind a train that have already started and that is far away.

4. I don't have any problems with the fact that Unity wants to work on networking solutions. I actually like that you don't give up on it.
    Although I find the method of data acquiring flawed. You're asking the wrong questions from the wrong people, I think.

If your goal is to build another run-of-the-mill lobby service, sure. But you can just copy for example the Photon solution. It's usable, relatively easy to use if you get familiar with the Unity standard networking.

But if you do that, question is, why? We already have solutions to use them, especially if it is a paid service. If you want to build something, build a much more user-friendly service, make components in Unity to use your service. It's also too vague in terms of features. All of these depends on what kind of game you want to support. Different features for a CIV-like turn based strategy and a MOBA game.

X3doll likes this.