Search Unity

Unity wants to learn about virtual concert experiences (Survey)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by hamilton_unity, Jan 8, 2021.

1. hamilton_unity

hamilton_unity

Unity Technologies

Unity wants to learn about experiences with virtual concerts, online games, and other interactive virtual events, as well as expectations for platforms that support them.
    Complete this survey and you could be 1 of 20 respondents invited to a follow up chat who will receive a $50 Amazon (or similar) gift card.

2. EternalAmbiguity

EternalAmbiguity

Being asked to schedule a meeting at the end is a little weird. Something like that might be better left for a follow-up email for the folks you narrow it down to.

3. neginfinity

neginfinity

This is an extremely weird survey. Asks for gender identity, availability of 3d printer, and taste in music. The survey kicked me out after asking about music (Where's death metal option, by the way?)

The funny thing I actually pondered making a virtual concert in VR and have quite a bit to say about it.

But oh well.

4. EternalAmbiguity

EternalAmbiguity

Did you see "classic rock (including heavy metal)"? Clearly not their target demographic.

Thinking they're focused on pop-ish stuff here. Think Fortnite's concerts.

5. neginfinity

neginfinity

I clicked "Classic" + "Other" and got booted.

Yeah, I saw it, but heavy metal and death metal are kinda different genres. Then there's stuff like Gnaw Their Tongues which is apparently an eldritch mix of multiple genres.

Haven't checked Fortnite concert, but I know that some people used to broadcast in VR.

EternalAmbiguity likes this.
  6. hamilton_unity

hamilton_unity

Unity Technologies

Thanks for filling in our survey. You were probably the first one :)
    We fixed the flow. Now only those respondents that match our target audience and agree to participate in the interview will see the meeting invite.

7. EternalAmbiguity

EternalAmbiguity

Just to be clear - are you planning to have a meeting with everyone who reaches that point? Or are you planning to send out emails after-the-fact letting folks know if they fit and you want to proceed? Should I prep for a meeting next Monday?

8. hamilton_unity

hamilton_unity

Unity Technologies

We will interview respondents who are asked whether they would like to be interviewed and are offered to pick a slot.
    If you didn't see one of these options, then you don't need to prep for a meeting.

EternalAmbiguity likes this.
  9. hamilton_unity

hamilton_unity

Unity Technologies

Thanks for answering our survey. We are trying to be inclusive in our language, and efficiently identify potential survey fraud. That's why some options might sound weird... to thoughtful humans :)
    We added Metal (all kinds) as an option in the survey. We hope that makes it clearer and even more inclusive.